The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Anyone got an interview at University of West London Adult Nursing Sept 2017

Hiya, If you have an interview coming up for Child/Adult Nursing, please comment and let's prepare together. Brentford/Reading Campus :smile:

Update...I withdraw from this university and have not been to their interview sorry :frown:

Good luck to all those who applied and have interviews and offers :u::colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi Nelfran! How did it go? I hope you got the offer! I have just received mine for Berkshire but for January 2018! Im happy but a bit worried as I currently live in London and i think im going to have to move! Let me know how yours went
Marietta x
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Original post by MissMMAW
Hi Nelfran! How did it go? I hope you got the offer! I have just received mine for Berkshire but for January 2018! Im happy but a bit worried as I currently live in London and i think im going to have to move! Let me know how yours went
Marietta x

Hey @MissMMAW Thanks for commenting I sadly withdrew it was just too far to travel like 3 hours from home not to mention the placements I am not planning to live on campus due to family commitments and underestimated the distance I think.

On the plus side I now have an unconditional offer at London South Bank University - Adult Nursing Sept 2017 intake and the campus is about 45 mins away from home so this was a lot more suitable for me.

Did you apply to West London, if so how was the interview?

Waiting until January 2018 is so long away, I also applied to the University of East London for their January 2018 intake because of 3 rejections but LSBU came through which I'm extremely happy about :h: What are you gonna do? And congrats on your offer, well done you!!!:colondollar:

I wasn't able to tag you sorry xxx
hi guys, I will have my selection day the 7th July 2017 for September start as a Children`s nursing in Reading site. I am anxiously waiting, as this is my very first try to become a student here in the UK. My first language is not the English, but I am studying it for over 30 years now, still have to do an IELTS test. Anyone can relate in this topic... ? Maybe we can help each other if someone has some ideas about the selection day... how it will go and what kind of group activities can we expect. ... thanks a lot and good luck whomever is doing tests, interviews ... :-)
Reply 4
Hie just wanted to find out what is the assessment on selection day like and what type of group discussions is it for nursing
Reply 5
Hie just wanted to find out what is the assessment on selection day like and what type of group discussions is it for nursing
hi there... we had a maths test which contained 20 questions that you can solve with a calculator ... i did it in 8 minutes without it... so was not hard to manage... then we had an English test, with 2 text 4-4 questions each, and we had to write an essay about social network. The text was already done by them, but you had to get the most important parts out of it, paraphrase them so it could be put on a school website. Then there was a group activity for different groups we were put, and got the the 6Cs of the healthcare and we had to somehow put them in order... and talk to each other, why there why not... and there was an interview part, where they were asking you about the nursing as a job, what are they doing, and also I had to choose a paper which it had a picture in it and had to talk what I see and how do I feel about it... that was it... let me know if you have more questions... i have a conditional offer as i have to pass my IELTS test.
Reply 7
Hie thank you for the reply and it is a very useful information you gave me and will use it and just to clarify was it with University of West London you did this assessment right. And I will let you know how I will get on with the assessment and interview. Thank you so much for your help and I wish you good luck with your IELTS test and hopefully you will pass it.
it was the university of west london, yes, Reading branch. when is your interview... ? i wish you the best and to achieve what you really would like ... :-)
Reply 9
I will be going in the beginning of August and it's going to be in Brentford Campus so hopefully it's going to be similar to Reading. Thank you very much but I will be in touch to let you know the outcome.
Reply 10
Original post by orangeandi
hi there... we had a maths test which contained 20 questions that you can solve with a calculator ... i did it in 8 minutes without it... so was not hard to manage... then we had an English test, with 2 text 4-4 questions each, and we had to write an essay about social network. The text was already done by them, but you had to get the most important parts out of it, paraphrase them so it could be put on a school website. Then there was a group activity for different groups we were put, and got the the 6Cs of the healthcare and we had to somehow put them in order... and talk to each other, why there why not... and there was an interview part, where they were asking you about the nursing as a job, what are they doing, and also I had to choose a paper which it had a picture in it and had to talk what I see and how do I feel about it... that was it... let me know if you have more questions... i have a conditional offer as i have to pass my IELTS test.

You don't have to do IELTS if you have functional skills maths and English, please do it. It is easy. I will never manage to get IELTS band 7 for each component. I am sure, even native speakers struggle to get band 7. It doesn't mean people can't speak, write and read English. This exam is really hard.
Hey guys I wanna apply got ether uwl or uel for adult nursing and just wonders how many references you needed?
We just need one reference for adult nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest