The Student Room Group

Dentistry?

Hi
So my mocks weren't terrible but they weren't great either.
I managed:

MATHS: B
ENGLISH LANG: B
ENLISH LIT: B
SPANISH: A
CHEM: B
BIO: B
PHY: B
F&N: A*
RS: B
HISTORY: A

But then my predicted grades are:
MATHS: A
ENGLISH LANG: A*
ENLISH LIT: A
SPANISH: B
CHEM:A
BIO: A
PHY: A
F&N: A
HISTORY: B

I should mention that I would like a career in dentistry so I'm not too sure how to feel about these.
I know that it depends what university you would like to go to, but dentistry is an extremely competitive course so I'm a little concerned
Youve done REALLY well. seriously. I bet you haven't finished the whole of the content for all your subjects. Once you finish youll be able to increase that grade by one at the minimum and if youre getting those grades right now mate, youre on the right track. Believe in yourself :smile:

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Hajra Momoniat
Youve done REALLY well. seriously. I bet you haven't finished the whole of the content for all your subjects. Once you finish youll be able to increase that grade by one at the minimum and if youre getting those grades right now mate, youre on the right track. Believe in yourself :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by annonymous_234
Thank you so much! :smile:

Np :smile:. If you need any help with science you can always message me :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by annonymous_234
Hi
So my mocks weren't terrible but they weren't great either.
I managed:

MATHS: B
ENGLISH LANG: B
ENLISH LIT: B
SPANISH: A
CHEM: B
BIO: B
PHY: B
F&N: A*
HISTORY: A

But then my predicted grades are:
MATHS: A
ENGLISH LANG: A*
ENLISH LIT: A
SPANISH: B
CHEM:A
BIO: A
PHY: A
F&N: A
HISTORY: B

I should mention that I would like a career in dentistry so I'm not too sure how to feel about these.
I know that it depends what university you would like to go to, but dentistry is an extremely competitive course so I'm a little concerned

Hey.
WOW you've done really well. What you've got to remember is that they're just mocks (easier said than done). You have loads of time to improve, not that you really need much improvement cos you've honestly done so well. I would be really proud of myself if I were you so cut yourself some slack! Don't worry about them, you just need to keep working hard and hopefully things will go your way! Good luck! Hope everything works out for you.
Original post by Im285
Hey.
WOW you've done really well. What you've got to remember is that they're just mocks (easier said than done). You have loads of time to improve, not that you really need much improvement cos you've honestly done so well. I would be really proud of myself if I were you so cut yourself some slack! Don't worry about them, you just need to keep working hard and hopefully things will go your way! Good luck! Hope everything works out for you.

What are you choosing for A levels? That's what really matters about dentistry. And dont worry about your mock results because they are fine and it doesnt mean you will get that in your real GCSE's. You can get way higher results as you have much more time to revise. Mock results are just a practice for the real thing and allows you to view the areas you need work on.
Original post by Daydreamer3
What are you choosing for A levels? That's what really matters about dentistry. And dont worry about your mock results because they are fine and it doesnt mean you will get that in your real GCSE's. You can get way higher results as you have much more time to revise. Mock results are just a practice for the real thing and allows you to view the areas you need work on.

I have to do Chemistry and Biology for my A levels (I need As in both to be able to do these courses) and the Extended Project Qualification. I'm not sure what to choose for my third but it'll be either Psychology or RS I think.

Quick Reply

Latest