Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically just want to know how many credits I'd have to complete before transferring to brick uni. In addition If I do get into brick uni does that mean I can start in second year depending on how many credits I recieve?, does this also apply to certificate of HE if I was to complete it could I transfer over to second year??

ReputationRep:
    If that's your sole reason for doing it you'd be better off looking at an Access Course instead. They don't use up any of your four year funding entitlement from Student Finance because they're a level 3 course.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MGatsby)
    Basically just want to know how many credits I'd have to complete before transferring to brick uni. In addition If I do get into brick uni does that mean I can start in second year depending on how many credits I recieve?, does this also apply to certificate of HE if I was to complete it could I transfer over to second year??
    It depends on what modules you do. Some OU modules are very introductory, so wouldn't be seen as sufficient for second year entry. You need to study modules with the OU that are similar to the ones you would have studied if you completed the brick uni's first year - this can be very difficult to match up because the OU modules are generally very broad at level 1 and cover lots of things, like they do "introduction to social sciences" rather than sociology/psychology/economics etc all as separate modules.

ReputationRep:
    You can do a Certificate of HE, which i have done, and then use that to transfer to the FIRST year of a brick uni degree (although you will have used up one year of student funding already, but you are still entitled to 3 more years funding).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.