Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm failing at chemistry. My failure follows me wherever I go.
    Except, last week, I woke up about 2 o'clock. Mum and dad were arguing. Odd thing - All I could hear mum shouting was random functional groups and display formula to name? wtf is going on with my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetpeasw)
    I'm failing at chemistry. My failure follows me wherever I go.
    Except, last week, I woke up about 2 o'clock. Mum and dad were arguing. Odd thing - All I could hear mum shouting was random functional groups and display formula to name? wtf is going on with my head
    If what you have written is intended to be literal, then you possibly had auditory hallucinations (maybe due to stress/ tiredness). If this continues, please see your GP asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    If what you have written is intended to be literal, then you possibly had auditory hallucinations (maybe due to stress/ tiredness). If this continues, please see your GP asap.
    I am an insomniac - I usually wake up about 4times in the night and struggle to get back to sleep...

ReputationRep:
    I am an insomniac - I usually wake up about 4times in the night and struggle to get back to sleep...
    Have you seen your GP for this? Waking up frequently during sleeping is worse than fewer hours of sleep, because you don't reach the REM stage for long enough.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen your GP for this? Waking up frequently during sleeping is worse than fewer hours of sleep, because you don't reach the REM stage for long enough.
    no because it's so hard to get an appointment, and school really stresses about how i mustn't miss lessons for doctors appointments, because its a level...

ReputationRep:
    no because it's so hard to get an appointment, and school really stresses about how i mustn't miss lessons for doctors appointments, because its a level...
    In the long-term your sleeping problems will impact negatively on your grades. Sleep is essential for learning. During REM sleep is when your mind processes your thoughts and all your studying. Without this, you cannot study effectively. Please please see your doctor. Missing one or two lessons isn't going to make you fail. But poor sleep over a long period will.

The fact you cannot sleep and are having auditory hallucinations means your health is being impacted upon. Take care of yourself!

ReputationRep:
    In the long-term your sleeping problems will impact negatively on your grades. Sleep is essential for learning. During REM sleep is when your mind processes your thoughts and all your studying. Without this, you cannot study effectively. Please please see your doctor. Missing one or two lessons isn't going to make you fail. But poor sleep over a long period will.

The fact you cannot sleep and are having auditory hallucinations means your health is being impacted upon. Take care of yourself!
    thank you. I will try to book an appointment, see if the GP can do after school ones perhaps... I don't learn very well, can never memorise anything effectively, and dropped from an A to an E in biology in 5 months... tbh I've had insomnia as long as i can remeber, since like 2012 or something...

ReputationRep:
    thank you. I will try to book an appointment, see if the GP can do after school ones perhaps... I don't learn very well, can never memorise anything effectively, and dropped from an A to an E in biology in 5 months... tbh I've had insomnia as long as i can remeber, since like 2012 or something...
    I would bet that your concentration and memory problems are directly linked to your poor sleep. Like I said, disrupted sleep seriously impairs your ability to study well. Sleeping is essential. You are probably stressed as well which worsens your memory and sleep.

Please make that appointment asap! You can write down a list of your symptoms and issues so that you make the most of that appointment.

Once your sleep improves, I'm sure your grades will too. Good luck with A-levels and remember look after yourself .

ReputationRep:
    I would bet that your concentration and memory problems are directly linked to your poor sleep. Like I said, disrupted sleep seriously impairs your ability to study well. Sleeping is essential. You are probably stressed as well which worsens your memory and sleep.

Please make that appointment asap! You can write down a list of your symptoms and issues so that you make the most of that appointment.

Once your sleep improves, I'm sure your grades will too. Good luck with A-levels and remember look after yourself .
    thank you for the advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.