Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I studied Law, psychology, textiles and government and politics at college. Dropped g&p after first year and then got a B in law, C in textiles, and a D in psychology (was a bit gutted about the grades)
    I got a place at Swansea University to study Law and deffered my entry as I didn't know whether to go. Problem is, I still don't know whether to go!
    I know I don't want to be a lawyer, so i don't know whether I should be in lots of debt, gain a degree, and get stressed doing all the work, or just work or something?
    I have no idea what I want to do as a career, yet i know Law is a good degree to have.
    I'm currently working in sainsburys and I hate it haha but it's so nice not stressing about any essays I have to do like I did at college.
    I can't seem to make my mind up, there's pros and cons to going or not going it seems.
    Can anyone help?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloematthews98)
    I studied Law, psychology, textiles and government and politics at college. Dropped g&p after first year and then got a B in law, C in textiles, and a D in psychology (was a bit gutted about the grades)
    I got a place at Swansea University to study Law and deffered my entry as I didn't know whether to go. Problem is, I still don't know whether to go!
    I know I don't want to be a lawyer, so i don't know whether I should be in lots of debt, gain a degree, and get stressed doing all the work, or just work or something?
    I have no idea what I want to do as a career, yet i know Law is a good degree to have.
    I'm currently working in sainsburys and I hate it haha but it's so nice not stressing about any essays I have to do like I did at college.
    I can't seem to make my mind up, there's pros and cons to going or not going it seems.
    Can anyone help?
    Hello Chloe, we understand its a big choice-I've contacted my colleagues and they asked me to give you the admissions email and they should be able to help you and answer any questions you may have.

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried googling it?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you wait. Have a look around and try to get a step on the ladder of the job market. If nothing else, you'll earn money and gain some life experience. There's no rush. If in, say, 5 years time you decide university is for you, then you can reapply. Speaking from experience, being a mature student can give you a much better outlook on the university experience and really help you to get value for your time and money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.