Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE OVER THE WEEKEND

I've been a bit busy, but I'm back! I'll be posting twice today, now is what I did in school and later will be what I revised!

So let's get going...

I missed Welsh and Additional Maths for the orthodontist (yet again). My gums inflamed after my tightening last week and then I did the sinful think and googled symptoms and shiz but yeah all is good, my gums are fineeeee.

I know I missed algebraic proof in Maths, so I need to catch up tonight.

I came in just in time for...

BIOLOGY
    We are now on B3.4 - The Role of the Kidney in Homeostasis. We looked at nephrons and arterioles and other cool stuff!

GEOGRAPHY
    I'm still ploughing through my Controlled Assessment. I'm getting towards the end, thank the lord.

CHEMISTRY
    I did the conclusion and evaluation for my Controlled Assessment, so I'm all done. Hopefully I'll do well

On Friday I found out that I (and most of the class) got a C in the old Physics CA and I'm really disappointed, I was aiming for full UMS... I get A*s and As in all my exams and tests, so I don't understand how I underperformed in this. The new CA starts tomorrow, it's a lot easier, I'm going to be doing lots and lots of practise, tonight I will be practising writing my hypothesis and planning section. I'm determined to get at least 76/80 UMS... I will then need to get at least 74 in P3, which I hope I'll do well on. In P1 I had 71/80 and P2 I had 67/80. I have calculated that I need to get at least 150 more UMS for an A*, meaning I need to be at full or near enough full UMS in this CA and P3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombre)
    SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE OVER THE WEEKEND

I've been a bit busy, but I'm back! I'll be posting twice today, now is what I did in school and later will be what I revised!

So let's get going...

I missed Welsh and Additional Maths for the orthodontist (yet again). My gums inflamed after my tightening last week and then I did the sinful think and googled symptoms and shiz but yeah all is good, my gums are fineeeee.

I know I missed algebraic proof in Maths, so I need to catch up tonight.

I came in just in time for...

BIOLOGY
    We are now on B3.4 - The Role of the Kidney in Homeostasis. We looked at nephrons and arterioles and other cool stuff!

GEOGRAPHY
    I'm still ploughing through my Controlled Assessment. I'm getting towards the end, thank the lord.

CHEMISTRY
    I did the conclusion and evaluation for my Controlled Assessment, so I'm all done. Hopefully I'll do well

On Friday I found out that I (and most of the class) got a C in the old Physics CA and I'm really disappointed, I was aiming for full UMS... I get A*s and As in all my exams and tests, so I don't understand how I underperformed in this. The new CA starts tomorrow, it's a lot easier, I'm going to be doing lots and lots of practise, tonight I will be practising writing my hypothesis and planning section. I'm determined to get at least 76/80 UMS... I will then need to get at least 74 in P3, which I hope I'll do well on. In P1 I had 71/80 and P2 I had 67/80. I have calculated that I need to get at least 150 more UMS for an A*, meaning I need to be at full or near enough full UMS in this CA and P3.
    Good luck with the coursework!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaayxp)
    Good luck with the coursework!
    Thank you! God I hate it

ReputationRep:
    REVISION UPDATE FOR LAST NIGHT

RELIGIOUS STUDIES
    I made notes and wrote down examples of all the key words in RS1.1 (Relationships).

PHYSICS
    I practised writing my controlled assessment.

CHEMISTRY
    I looked at organic chemistry questions.

ReputationRep:
    TODAY IN SCHOOL

In form I did some examples of Proof for Additional Maths

WELSH BACC (bleghhhhhh)
    I started looking at how we can use social media to market out product.

SPANISH
    We finished looking at fiestas and the weather and started looking at the environment. My Spanish teacher announced that A Level Spanish, English Language and Welsh are unlikely to run for my year due to Welsh Government Sixth Form budget cuts. If less than 9 people express interest, the subject cannot run. The headteacher and subject teachers are devastated. Some of my friends wanted to do some of these subjects and I didn't even realise my interest in Spanish until I found out I probably can't do it, I'm really annoyed and I feel so sorry for my teacher. Spanish was not at the Sixth Form options evening I went to tonight, I would have liked to have seen the teachers and talked about.

ENGLISH
    My teacher was away. We did an essay on the benefits of exercise.

PHYSICS
    We started our circuits controlled assessment. I think it went pretty well.

GEOGRAPHY
    We did some more work on our controlled assessment.

AFTER SCHOOL WAS THE SIXTH FORM OPTIONS EVENING
    I saw Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature and Geography. They all sound amazing. I wish I could have seen Spanish too.

ReputationRep:
    Already finished this journey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cave Felem)
    Already finished this journey
    Congratulations! Did you get A*s in all of your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    LINES, CIRCUITS AND MANUALS

Today was a good day in school, liked the general feel, all good stuff, was my friends birthday. All is goooooooood.

I got my report in Form. I got all 1s except a 2 for behaviour and a 3 for homework in Chemistry (which she gave to nearly everyone - 3 because we actually haven't really had much Chemistry homework, the 2 I have no idea about). I am predicted As and A*s in everything, however I believe that I can get an A* in everything and my subject teachers predict A*s to my face, so why they can't do it on my report is beyond me. Was annoyed about English and Drama because in mocks and exams I have got A*s in everything, but I got a B in both as "current attainment," which SUCKED, but idm because I know that I'm working at an A* level.

GAMES/P.E
    We were allowed to do whatever exercises we wanted, which was nice. Did planks, weights etc. A nice start to the day.

ADDITIONAL MATHS
    We did parallel and perpendicular lines and finding the lengths of lines. Also recapped GCSE indices.

PHYSICS
    Did the practical part of the controlled assessment, wrote my conclusion, started my evaluation - this task is extremely short, especially in comparison to the Chemistry which lasted 3 weeks... this one is 3 days...

RELIGIOUS STUDIES
    Today we finished the course. We looked at the depiction of religion in the media, which was pretty interesting. Now it's onto revision. We did our main mock before Christmas and now we're doing a mini mock on just 1/4 topics after half term.

ENGLISH
    We looked at manual writing, which was pretty boring. The class came up with a pretty humorous manual for preparing for space travel.

TONIGHT I SHALL BE REVISING:
    - Chemistry: Organic chemistry exam questions.If anyone wants a booklet of questions for C3 organic chem, this is the one I have (hella long link) -

- English Literature: An Inspector Calls
    - Spanish: Will be looking through my September Year 10 stuff
    - Physics: Momentum
    - (If I have time) Additional Maths: Proof (and if I get even more time: lines)

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Did you get A*s in all of your subjects?
    Yeah! I took 12. By the looks of things you're well on your way too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cave Felem)
    Yeah! I took 12. By the looks of things you're well on your way too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very impressive! You must be so proud of yourself! And thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    EXAM TIMETABLES, DULL ESSAYS AND DISASTEROUS PERFORMANCES

SO in assembly we were given our exam timetables. I am sitting a total of 12 written exams and 1 practical (unless I need to resit one of my January modules, but I'm pretty confident with those.

Quick reminder of exams I have already sat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Bold = completed GCSE

Summer 2015
    Welsh 2nd Language Short Course - B

Jan 2016
    Biology 1 (A)
    Physics 1 (A)

Summer 2016
    Biology 2 (A*)
    Physics 2 (A)
    Chemistry 1 (A*)
    Geography Unit 1: Core Geography (A*)

November 2016
    Mathematics (New Wales) - A*
    Maths-Numeracy (New Wales) - A*
    Drama Unit 2a - Devised (Practical)

January 2017
    Chemistry 2 (Results Day: 2nd March)
    English Literature Unit 1: Prose and Poetry (Results Day: 2nd March)

And I now know my summer exams are:

Spoiler:
    Show

3rd April - Drama Unit 2b Scripted (Practical)
    15th May - Religion and Life Issues (RSSC)
    16th May - Biology 3: Transport in Plants and Animals, Homeostasis and Disease
    18th May - Chemistry 3: The Chemical Industry
    18th May - Drama Unit 1: Theory (Written)
    19th May - Spanish Unit 1: Listening
    19th May - Spanish Unit 3: Reading
    24th May - Physics 3: Electromagnetism, Waves and Nucleosynthesis
    26th May - English Literature Unit 2: Heritage Drama and Contemporary Prose
    6th June - English Language Unit 2: Description, Narration and Exposition
    6th June - Geography Unit 2: Options Geography - Coasts, Tourism and Retail and Urban Change
    12th June - English Language Unit 3: Argumentation, Instructional and Persuasion
    22nd June - L2 Additional Maths

Also cashing in:
    Biology, Chemistry and Physics controlled assessments
    Drama Unit 2a and 2b
    Spanish Unit 2a, 2b and 4
    English Literature: Shakespeare and Poetry
    English Language: Oracy
    Geography Unit 3

GEOGRAPHY
    Finished the penultimate section of my DME

ENGLISH
    My teacher's son has broken his leg, so she left us an essay to write on the dangers of social media and the internet. I wrote something cheesy about becoming addicted to likes and the follower count.

SPANISH
    We did some work on "our ideal world."

STUDY HOUR
    I taught my friend some Physics she didn't get for half of it and then tbh just chilled for the other half.

DRAMA
    Okay, so there are 6 plays in total across the class and 3 of them perform at the end of one lesson and the other 3 perform in the next, so there's a bit of a system. We practised this great, powerful scene and so my teacher asked if we would go today instead of tomorrow because another group wasn't ready. So we did. And halfway through, one guy forgot what he was doing (it was a hard scene, to be fair) and so it threw us all and so the performance was a slightly awkward disaster. The teacher also told me that in this bit my character was supposed to be doing an Italian accent, which the stage directions did NOT tell me. So yeah. It was all good fun though.

AFTER SCHOOL GEOG
    I went in and finished my entire controlled assessment and omg it's so nice that it's behind me now!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    EXAM TIMETABLES, DULL ESSAYS AND DISASTEROUS PERFORMANCES

SO in assembly we were given our exam timetables. I am sitting a total of 12 written exams and 1 practical (unless I need to resit one of my January modules, but I'm pretty confident with those.

Quick reminder of exams I have already sat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Bold = completed GCSE

Summer 2015
    Welsh 2nd Language Short Course - B

Jan 2016
    Biology 1 (A)
    Physics 1 (A)

Summer 2016
    Biology 2 (A*)
    Physics 2 (A)
    Chemistry 1 (A*)
    Geography Unit 1: Core Geography (A*)

November 2016
    Mathematics (New Wales) - A*
    Maths-Numeracy (New Wales) - A*
    Drama Unit 2a - Devised (Practical)

January 2017
    Chemistry 2 (Results Day: 2nd March)
    English Literature Unit 1: Prose and Poetry (Results Day: 2nd March)

And I now know my summer exams are:

Spoiler:
    Show

3rd April - Drama Unit 2b Scripted (Practical)
    15th May - Religion and Life Issues (RSSC)
    16th May - Biology 3: Transport in Plants and Animals, Homeostasis and Disease
    18th May - Chemistry 3: The Chemical Industry
    18th May - Drama Unit 1: Theory (Written)
    19th May - Spanish Unit 1: Listening
    19th May - Spanish Unit 3: Reading
    24th May - Physics 3: Electromagnetism, Waves and Nucleosynthesis
    26th May - English Literature Unit 2: Heritage Drama and Contemporary Prose
    6th June - English Language Unit 2: Description, Narration and Exposition
    6th June - Geography Unit 2: Options Geography - Coasts, Tourism and Retail and Urban Change
    12th June - English Language Unit 3: Argumentation, Instructional and Persuasion
    22nd June - L2 Additional Maths

Also cashing in:
    Biology, Chemistry and Physics controlled assessments
    Drama Unit 2a and 2b
    Spanish Unit 2a, 2b and 4
    English Literature: Shakespeare and Poetry
    English Language: Oracy
    Geography Unit 3

GEOGRAPHY
    Finished the penultimate section of my DME

ENGLISH
    My teacher's son has broken his leg, so she left us an essay to write on the dangers of social media and the internet. I wrote something cheesy about becoming addicted to likes and the follower count.

SPANISH
    We did some work on "our ideal world."

STUDY HOUR
    I taught my friend some Physics she didn't get for half of it and then tbh just chilled for the other half.

DRAMA
    Okay, so there are 6 plays in total across the class and 3 do perform at the end of one lesson and the other 3 perform in the next, so there's a bit of a system. We practised this great, powerful scene and so my teacher asked if we would go today instead of tomorrow because another group wasn't ready. So we did. And halfway through, one guy forgot what he was doing (it was a hard scene, to be fair) and so it threw us all and so the performance was a slightly awkward disaster. The teacher also told me that in this bit my character was supposed to be doing an Italian accent, which the stage directions did NOT tell me. So yeah. It was all good fun though.

AFTER SCHOOL GEOG
    I went in and finished my entire controlled assessment and omg it's so nice that it's behind me now!
    PRSOM

It's always scary getting your exam timetable isn't it haha. You're sitting fewer exams than I did though (although I did all of mine in one go) so hopefully that's slightly reassuring!

Congrats on getting your geography finished! I remember having to come in twice during the easter holidays to finish mine as I just kept putting it off...glad you've got it out of the way early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    PRSOM

It's always scary getting your exam timetable isn't it haha. You're sitting fewer exams than I did though (although I did all of mine in one go) so hopefully that's slightly reassuring!

Congrats on getting your geography finished! I remember having to come in twice during the easter holidays to finish mine as I just kept putting it off...glad you've got it out of the way early!
    Thank you, it's okay haha

Oh yes, it's pretty awful! And yes that is reassuring, thank you! I couldn't imagine sitting all of my exams at once... It sounds like a nightmare.

Thank you so much! Oh gosh that must have been horrible. My teachers aren't allowing us to work on them after next Thursday sooooooo... I'm glad I'm done!

ReputationRep:
    YEAH I'M NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR NOT POSTING ON THE WEEKEND AGAIN, DON'T EXPECT IT FROM ME lol

I am writing this in a study break, so be proud! I'm getting shiz done.

SCHOOL:

DRAMA
    My group rehearsed a scene in the middle of Blue Remembered Hills. It was really fun and included a staged headstand, which was pretty funny.

PHYSICS
    I wrote the evaluation for my controlled assessment, proof read, handed it in and did some questions on P3.1.

GEOGRAPHY
    I did the cover sheet for the DME and we started Theme 11: Retail and Urban Change. I was expecting this to be a bore, but it's actually pretty interesting and honestly just makes me want to buy stuff.

ADDITIONAL MATHS
    We did differentiation, which was straightforward until we were introduced to the first principle, yikes.

GAMES
    I did some planks, squats, weights and rowing. A nice end to the day.

REVISION TONIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT:

- P3.2 assessed homework
    - Reading of An Inspector Calls

To come after this break:

- Spanish grammar
    - Plants, water and nutrients (B3.1)
    - Is It Fair? (RS)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    YEAH I'M NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR NOT POSTING ON THE WEEKEND AGAIN, DON'T EXPECT IT FROM ME lol

I am writing this in a study break, so be proud! I'm getting shiz done.

SCHOOL:

DRAMA
    My group rehearsed a scene in the middle of Blue Remembered Hills. It was really fun and included a staged headstand, which was pretty funny.

PHYSICS
    I wrote the evaluation for my controlled assessment, proof read, handed it in and did some questions on P3.1.

GEOGRAPHY
    I did the cover sheet for the DME and we started Theme 11: Retail and Urban Change. I was expecting this to be a bore, but it's actually pretty interesting and honestly just makes me want to buy stuff.

ADDITIONAL MATHS
    We did differentiation, which was straightforward until we were introduced to the first principle, yikes.

GAMES
    I did some planks, squats, weights and rowing. A nice end to the day.

REVISION TONIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT:

- P3.2 assessed homework
    - Reading of An Inspector Calls

To come after this break:

- Spanish grammar
    - Plants, water and nutrients (B3.1)
    - Is It Fair? (RS)
    Looking good! (Don't worry, I never post on weekends either )

Well done on getting your physics done! It was so quick :eek: I spent weeks after school trying to get mine done in time!!

Bet you're jealous of everyone on half term now (like me )?

Anyway keep it up, you're doing really well!!

ReputationRep:
    Looking good! (Don't worry, I never post on weekends either )

Well done on getting your physics done! It was so quick :eek: I spent weeks after school trying to get mine done in time!!

Bet you're jealous of everyone on half term now (like me )?

Anyway keep it up, you're doing really well!!
    Haha, I honestly haven't got the effort if I'm being social and revising too, I get you fam (I did say fam, yes).

Thank you! Trust me, I was the same with the original task we did, but this new one was so short, it was about Ohm's Law and pretty straightforward (yikes, I hope my grade reflects that).

I AM UGH, WELSH HALF-TERM STARTS THIS WEEK AND I'M SO MAD!

Thank you so much, as are you!

ReputationRep:
    OKAY BUT BEFORE I BEGIN, DOES ANYONE HERE LISTEN TO LANY BC THEIR MUSIC IS SO LIT AND I'M JUST FREAKING OUT ABOUT THEM BUT THEY SEEM PRETTY UNDERRATED¿¿¿

I'm in such a good mood, I have no idea why but ayyyeee.

SPANISH
    Did some more work on the Environment topic. Spanish is now back on the list of subjects offered at A Level, so my teacher was pretty. Apparently I'm a list of likely contenders for choosing it and I am considering it, but it seems hard and I honestly don't know if I will.

WELSH BACC
    Started making an advert for our product. Then had a deep debate with my group about topical stuff.

DRAMA
    We blocked a fight scene, which was so much fun. We also watched some other groups and a girl fell off the stage and I honestly died (she was fine btw), it was hilarious.

ENGLISH
    We went through the main types of writing (description/narration/expostion, argumentation/persuasional/instructional), but me and my friend literally did this entire lesson as an extension last time, so it was a bit of revision for me.

WELSH
    I did some lame storyboard about Bedd Gellert. It was pretty crappy. Nice and easy though lmao.

I had my Spanish tutor tonight and couldn't find the time to revise with the commute into the city, the actual lesson and such, so I need to work this out for next time, I can't bail out every Tuesday. I think I just need to get myself to revise at about 3:30 (15 minutes after I get home) until I need to leave (4:30) and then motivate myself to work when I get back (probably about 6:30), maybe if I did an hour from 6:45-7:45, I don't know. I split my subjects into 30 minute sessions incl. 5 min breaks, so I would get 4 subjects done + 1hr Spanish, which seems pretty efficient to me .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I honestly haven't got the effort if I'm being social and revising too, I get you fam (I did say fam, yes).

Thank you! Trust me, I was the same with the original task we did, but this new one was so short, it was about Ohm's Law and pretty straightforward (yikes, I hope my grade reflects that).

I AM UGH, WELSH HALF-TERM STARTS THIS WEEK AND I'M SO MAD!

Thank you so much, as are you!
    Ah yeah, similar on that front then (yes fam )

Ah...that sounds more interesting than ours! (and I'm not the biggest fan of electricity any more) We literally had to roll marbles off a curtain rail into sand, changing the length of the rod and measuring the distance the marble travelled. It was pretty awful, the practical took ages to get right and I spent what felt like forever doing the write-up - I got an A though so it wasn't too bad! Hopefully you've done better in this one, I'm sure you have :yep:

Lots of schools are off next week instead of this week so you're not alone aha. Besides you'll feel great when I'm back and you're off

No worries, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, similar on that front then (yes fam )

Ah...that sounds more interesting than ours! (and I'm not the biggest fan of electricity any more) We literally had to roll marbles off a curtain rail into sand, changing the length of the rod and measuring the distance the marble travelled. It was pretty awful, the practical took ages to get right and I spent what felt like forever doing the write-up - I got an A though so it wasn't too bad! Hopefully you've done better in this one, I'm sure you have :yep:

Lots of schools are off next week instead of this week so you're not alone aha. Besides you'll feel great when I'm back and you're off

No worries, thank you!
    Oh god, that sounds kind of awful. Luckily our experiment was very straightforward. I HATE electricity, but I was okay with it just this once because it wasn't very hard. Is there much electricity at A Level? Thank you so much!

Haha that's true, I'll be sure to rub it in

No problem!

ReputationRep:
    HONESTLY, I SHOULD BE GETTING TO BED EARLIER OOPS

So yeah, today has been a pretty good day!

CHEMISTRY
    We started C3 in class finally (I have already taught myself the first topic though)! For anyone who thinks that it seems a bit close to the exam, don't worry - it's a modular spec, all is good, we have loads of time to finish it all!

GEOGRAPHY
    Second lesson on Retail and Urban Change. We looked at the positive and negative changes that European cities have gone through recently. Pretty interesting.

MATHS
    We just did a bunch of random questions. Not too bad.

SPANISH
    We did an A-Level standard reading question and half of it was pretty much the chemistry lesson I had this morning but in Spanish, so that was cool, but it was very hard. We finished with a more typical GCSE question and honestly it seemed so easy in comparison.

BIOLOGY
    We looked at Kidney Transplants and that is it from B3.4 - swiftly moving on to 5 and 6 and then Biology is done! My teacher is also checking with the head of department to see if we can get our controlled assessment grades tomorrow... YIKES! :eek:

On the way home, some kids in younger years were talking to me on the bus and I found out that English Literature has become an optional after-school class for the Year 9s currently and onwards because of time for the freaking Welsh Bacc. I'm honestly outraged and I seriously doubt that this is what my teacher would want and I'm probably going to complain all week, even though it doesn't affect me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.