The Student Room Group

Tombre's 100 or so day journey to all A*s!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED, I HAVEN'T HAD WIFI FOR THREE DAYS

Sorry, I'm away at the moment and the first hotel I went to didn't have wifi in the rooms but I'm now in a different hotel with great wifi! I hope everyone who had half term last week had a great time and I hope everyone like me who has it this week is enjoying it too! :biggrin:

So I'm going to be updating a bunch of stuff:

THURSDAY SCHOOL DAY

MATHS
I honestly can't remember what I did in this lesson... I need to review this...

STUDY HOUR
I did some Biology and played MASH at the end lmao.

ENGLISH
We did a really random piece of writing about the advantages of life on the moon or something.

BIOLOGY
We did some revision on B3.1 and B3.4 - nice easy lesson since we're so close to the end now!

SPANISH
I found out that my speaking exam is on March 9th, so I have that to look forward to :s-smilie: It's on free-time, so I'll be preparing a bunch of stuff over the next few days!

Then Friday was an inset day and also the day of my flight!

On my flight I did an overview for Geography, B3.1, P3.5 and some Religious Studies.

Whilst I've been away I have been preparing Spanish, doing lots of Biology and some English Literature!
Original post by Tombre
I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED, I HAVEN'T HAD WIFI FOR THREE DAYS

Sorry, I'm away at the moment and the first hotel I went to didn't have wifi in the rooms but I'm now in a different hotel with great wifi! I hope everyone who had half term last week had a great time and I hope everyone like me who has it this week is enjoying it too! :biggrin:

So I'm going to be updating a bunch of stuff:

THURSDAY SCHOOL DAY

MATHS
I honestly can't remember what I did in this lesson... I need to review this...

STUDY HOUR
I did some Biology and played MASH at the end lmao.

ENGLISH
We did a really random piece of writing about the advantages of life on the moon or something.

BIOLOGY
We did some revision on B3.1 and B3.4 - nice easy lesson since we're so close to the end now!

SPANISH
I found out that my speaking exam is on March 9th, so I have that to look forward to :s-smilie: It's on free-time, so I'll be preparing a bunch of stuff over the next few days!

Then Friday was an inset day and also the day of my flight!

On my flight I did an overview for Geography, B3.1, P3.5 and some Religious Studies.

Whilst I've been away I have been preparing Spanish, doing lots of Biology and some English Literature!

Don't worry about updating, or revising for that matter. Enjoy your holiday :biggrin:

Where are you? :h:
Reply 62
Original post by NiamhM1801
Don't worry about updating, or revising for that matter. Enjoy your holiday :biggrin:

Where are you? :h:

You're right, I just want to get a tiny but done each day, not a lot, but just to feel productive! Thank you so much! :smile:

I'm in Tenerife! I've never been here before and it's really nice! (Also there's a volcano so triple cool!) :biggrin:
Original post by Tombre
You're right, I just want to get a tiny but done each day, not a lot, but just to feel productive! Thank you so much! :smile:

I'm in Tenerife! I've never been here before and it's really nice! (Also there's a volcano so triple cool!) :biggrin:

Ah okay, make sure it is only tiny though!

Very nice! I've never been either but I bet it's lovely :yep: (Oooh that is cool!) Have fun! :h:
Reply 64
Ah okay, make sure it is only tiny though!

Very nice! I've never been either but I bet it's lovely :yep: (Oooh that is cool!) Have fun! :h:

I did :smile:

It was great and ikr, I love volcanoes. And thank you, I had great fun! :biggrin:
Reply 65
IMMA BACKKKK

Well school starts again tomorrow, so I got back in the revision head this weekend. On the plane home I looked at a bit from each of the sciences (molar mass, the kidney and kinetic theory).

Yesterday I revised Waves for Physics (because I remembered none of it lol) and did some work for my Spanish controlled Assessment.

Today I did an 45 mins of Physics (Motion), then 45 mins of Spanish (CA). Then I went out and to my acting class all afternoon. When I came back I did 45 mins of RS (Is It Fair?) and English Literature (A YouTuber called Mr Salles has a video called "Everything You Need To Know For An Inspector Calls" and I really recommend it!). :h:

I also thought I would insert the Physics notes I made today, as I thought they looked hella cool :biggrin: Also notice the strategically placed pen since I accidentally wrote "eqaations":tongue:

I'm not ready for school tomorrow lmao, #pray4tombre

17036169_1059730094170721_831891324_o.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
I've been/will be following this GYG closely, because there's no one else that does WJEC - Good luck with your studies! :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Jameswyn101
I've been/will be following this GYG closely, because there's no one else that does WJEC - Good luck with your studies! :smile:

Thank you so much! :biggrin: Haha ikr, there's literally nobody to discuss the exams with. Thank you and good luck to you as well! :smile: What subjects do you do? Also are you getting any January results this Thursday?
Original post by Tombre
Thank you so much! :biggrin: Haha ikr, there's literally nobody to discuss the exams with. Thank you and good luck to you as well! :smile: What subjects do you do? Also are you getting any January results this Thursday?

Mathematics, Mathematics Numeracy, English Language, English Literature, Welsh Language, Welsh Literature, ICT, French, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Triple Science) and Music. And yes, I sat Welsh Lit Unit 1 (Poetry) and English Lit (Of Mice And Men and Poems) but I'm honestly not expecting amazing results - Lit's not really my strong point lol. It's great to see you aiming so high - I wish I could do the same!
Reply 69
Mathematics, Mathematics Numeracy, English Language, English Literature, Welsh Language, Welsh Literature, ICT, French, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Triple Science) and Music. And yes, I sat Welsh Lit Unit 1 (Poetry) and English Lit (Of Mice And Men and Poems) but I'm honestly not expecting amazing results - Lit's not really my strong point lol. It's great to see you aiming so high - I wish I could do the same!

Wow you do Welsh Lang and Lit? I would die :afraid: Welsh 2nd Lang was bad enough for me! You may as well aim high, what's the point in not? And you may surprise yourself :smile: Did you do your Maths in November or is that still to come for you?
Original post by Tombre
Wow you do Welsh Lang and Lit? I would die :afraid: Welsh 2nd Lang was bad enough for me! You may as well aim high, what's the point in not? And you may surprise yourself :smile: Did you do your Maths in November or is that still to come for you?

Yeah, I go to a Welsh speaking school, so the top two sets have to take Welsh Lit + Lang - Welsh Lit is harder than English lit, but language I find easier.

I did Maths + Maths Numeracy last November - But the top two sets had to do it on Intermediate rather than higher (school's decision), so the highest I could get was B's - And I got them - so now I'm working towards doing them on higher for the summer.
Original post by Tombre
IMMA BACKKKK

Well school starts again tomorrow, so I got back in the revision head this weekend. On the plane home I looked at a bit from each of the sciences (molar mass, the kidney and kinetic theory).

Yesterday I revised Waves for Physics (because I remembered none of it lol) and did some work for my Spanish controlled Assessment.

Today I did an 45 mins of Physics (Motion), then 45 mins of Spanish (CA). Then I went out and to my acting class all afternoon. When I came back I did 45 mins of RS (Is It Fair?) and English Literature (A YouTuber called Mr Salles has a video called "Everything You Need To Know For An Inspector Calls" and I really recommend it!). :h:

I also thought I would insert the Physics notes I made today, as I thought they looked hella cool :biggrin: Also notice the strategically placed pen since I accidentally wrote "eqaations":tongue:

WOW I love the notes! I need to learn your typography skills haha.
Great progress btw.. why is it always PRSOM for both of us :frown:
Original post by Tombre
IMMA BACKKKK

Could have swore I'd commented on this :confused:

Anyway, I love your notes!! :love: they're so neat! And your handwriting is strangely similar to my friend's haha. Nice pen positioning :wink:

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Reply 73
Yeah, I go to a Welsh speaking school, so the top two sets have to take Welsh Lit + Lang - Welsh Lit is harder than English lit, but language I find easier.

I did Maths + Maths Numeracy last November - But the top two sets had to do it on Intermediate rather than higher (school's decision), so the highest I could get was B's - And I got them - so now I'm working towards doing them on higher for the summer.

Gosh that sounds stressful, but I'm certain you'll do really well! Welsh Lit sounds so hard.

Congratulations on the Maths! That's a bit of a frustrating decision, considering you could have got an A or A* in November, but hey, you have so much more time to practise and do well! :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by misstiah_h
WOW I love the notes! I need to learn your typography skills haha.
Great progress btw.. why is it always PRSOM for both of us :frown:

Thank you so much! It took so long, so it's actually probably not very efficient haha, but it certainly feels nice. I think I'll start doing notes like that after the lessons at A Level, so I don't feel like I need to right at the end, like I do now! :biggrin:
And thank you, same to you! And ikr, it's so frustrating, it always is PRSOM for everyone I want to rep, even though I give out so much!
Reply 75
Could have swore I'd commented on this :confused:

Anyway, I love your notes!! :love: they're so neat! And your handwriting is strangely similar to my friend's haha. Nice pen positioning :wink:

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Haha, don't worry! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! :h: Really? That's pretty cool. And yep... I have never been more frustrated with myself... eqaations... really Tom???

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Tombre
IMMA BACKKKK

Very studybr material :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 77
SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A FEW DAYS, BUT I'VE BEEN REVISING, I PROMISE...

So today in school:

GAMES
I did yoga with my friend and it was the funniest thing tbh. :biggrin:

ADDITIONAL MATHS
We did some Stationary Points questions, I'm getting to grips with this now. :h:

PHYSICS
Aye finally something new in Physics: Conservation of Momentum. I found this pretty interesting! :tongue:

RS
Religion and Life Issues Unit 2 Test: Is It Fair? (That's the name of the topic, I'm not complaining like my mum thought it was). It went alright, mostly common sense, if I'm honest. :smile:

ENGLISH
We did a lesson about improving our sentence structures. English Language is so boring. :s-smilie:

So tomorrow is January Results Day, so stay tuned for an in-depth post tomorrow!

Tonight I will be revising: Geography (40 mins), Physics (30 mins), English Language (30 mins), English Literature (45 mins) and Spanish (45 mins)
Reply 78
Original post by Shaaayxp
Very studybr material :biggrin: :wink:

Why thank you! :wink: I love looking at that stuff!
Original post by Tombre
Haha, don't worry! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! :h: Really? That's pretty cool. And yep... I have never been more frustrated with myself... eqaations... really Tom???

Thank you! :biggrin:

Yeah it's weird :tongue: Haha don't worry, we've all done it at some point :sadnod:

No problem! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending