The Student Room Group

Ark Teacher Training

Hi everyone,

I've recently heard of Ark, and thinking of applying to the summer internship scheme, with the possibility of going on to the actual teacher training program.

Anyone got any experience with Ark? From what I can see, has a similar ethos to Teach First- working to tackle educational disadvantage?

Thanks! x
To be honest just applied and had a pretty awful experience. In total, 5 rounds, subject matter test, situational judgement, recorded video answers and then a HR presentation and competency based interview. Passed those all fine. At the final round in school, they told me I should have brought degree certificates despite showing them to HR previously and had no request to take them to the school. HR advised I’d get a tour of the school which I had to ask for and the head of maths hastily asked a random year 7 student to walk me round , where she got lost. The training lead didn’t introduce herself, responding with ‘I know’ when I introduced myself. I then delivered a 20m lesson to year 7 and and a comp interview. I wasn’t offered the post on the grounds that the presentation wasn’t pitched at the right level. Given it’s a training position I’m really disappointed with that feedback and I’d specifically asked for the group’s ability beforehand and wasn’t provided that info. It was a low attaining group with 10% of the class who didn’t even have a exercise book to write in. I’m surprised it’s an Outstanding training provider and school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending