Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I have only just caught up on the news that Louis Vuitton and Supreme have collaborated for a collection of designer goods. I must admit, I was taken aback; I didn't see Supreme and Louis Vuitton fitting together. I had thought they had very different brand images. Though I can definitely appreciate that Louis Vuitton's image has modified over time, as they appeal towards the 'hype' end of the market.

I've linked a few sources, browse whichever you see fit. Some information is also available on the Louis Vuitton website.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/01/...tion-official/
    http://uk.complex.com/style/2017/01/...-collaboration
    http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion...upreme-collab/
    http://www.vogue.com/13523477/louis-...collaboration/

What are your thoughts on the collection? And the collaboration?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This was a mistake
    Louis Vuitton is a luxurious classy designer company, whereas Supreme clothing looks tacky imo
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    This was a mistake
    Louis Vuitton is a luxurious classy designer company, whereas Supreme clothing looks tacky imo
    I wish I could rep you for this.

This has tainted my image of Louis Vuitton. I used to adore them - not sure how I feel about the brand now. It is a shame really.
    • Political Ambassador

Wow, it's so disappointing.

Is that what they call stylish nowadays? It looks vulgar and cheap. It's basically cheap design with huge brand names written all over the place.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)

Is that what they call stylish nowadays? It looks vulgar and cheap. It's basically cheap design with huge brand names written all over the place.
    The red canvas with white LVs is vulgar in itself. But slapped with the supreme logo, it becomes an awful caricature. It looks like a ridiculous counterfeit good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I have only just caught up on the news that Louis Vuitton and Supreme have collaborated for a collection of designer goods. I must admit, I was taken aback; I didn't see Supreme and Louis Vuitton fitting together. I had thought they had very different brand images. Though I can definitely appreciate that Louis Vuitton's image has modified over time, as they appeal towards the 'hype' end of the market.

I've linked a few sources, browse whichever you see fit. Some information is also available on the Louis Vuitton website.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/01/...tion-official/
    http://uk.complex.com/style/2017/01/...-collaboration
    http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion...upreme-collab/
    http://www.vogue.com/13523477/louis-...collaboration/

What are your thoughts on the collection? And the collaboration?
    This was a mistake
    (Original post by LordJesus)
    An unholy alliance
    (Original post by EC)

Agreed guys.

Supreme wearers are the worst kind of people. I hate brands like Supreme that have no rich history yet they make exclusive 'collections' that generate massive queues from teens in London who then log on to 'wavey garms' to trade a £70 white t shirt with a logo on it.

Disappointing from LV.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Agreed guys.

Supreme wearers are the worst kind of people. I hate brands like Supreme that have no rich history yet they make exclusive 'collections' that generate massive queues from teens in London who then log on to 'wavey garms' to then trade a £70 white t shirt with a logo on it.

Disappointing from LV.
    I remember this. :lol:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...o-1000-on-ebay
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could rep you for this.
    This has tainted my image of Louis Vuitton. I used to adore them - not sure how I feel about the brand now. It is a shame really.
    Agreed guys.
    Supreme wearers are the worst kind of people. I hate brands like Supreme that have no rich history yet they make exclusive 'collections' that generate massive queues from teens in London who then log on to 'wavey garms' to then trade a £70 white t shirt with a logo on it.
    Disappointing from LV.

:puke:
    Like what the ****. It looks like some fake designer **** from China.

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't even use that to wipe my arse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

You can just tell some teens will be posting this on their twitter accounts with the fire emoji, and sincerely at that. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It's all hype. All these brave teenage boys will be trying to buy anything with 'Supreme' written over it and try to re-sell it at 'rape' prices :naughty:

It can be the most ugly item and these people will happily hand over their parent's card details in the hope of making 50 quid to buy another tacky tracksuit. Preach?

just go to primark lol
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't even use that to wipe my arse.
      That made me giggle :rofl:
      You can just tell some teens will be posting this on their twitter accounts with the fire emoji, and sincerely at that. :rofl:
      "Louis Vuitton x Supreme 🙏🔥💯👌"

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      just go to primark lol
      Whoaaa now hold on.

Let's not go from one extreme to another!
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Urgh it is so tacky. It's like Primark collaborating with Burberry lmao.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BrainyBengali)
      It can be the most ugly item and these people will happily hand over their parent's card details in the hope of making 50 quid to buy another tacky tracksuit. Preach?
      True. The concern here is over Louis Vuitton's image primarily though. I was considering purchasing more from them in the future, in fact soon. But this has made me reluctant to do so. I am gearing towards other designers now, a shame considering the sentimental value I held for Louis Vuitton. I wonder how many other consumers are feeling the same way?

(Original post by tamil fever)
      just go to primark lol
      In all honesty, a far better shout than purchasing from this try-hard and nauseating collection.
      • Political Ambassador

The red canvas with white LVs is vulgar in itself. But slapped with the supreme logo, it becomes an awful caricature. It looks like a ridiculous counterfeit good.
      They are seriously monstruous and the entire collection seems like a bad joke. The world is so messed up, people would simply buy anything with an enormous logo on it.

Designers clearly don't even put any effort into their pieces anymore cause social media clearly manipulated the entire world into thinking this is what "cool people" wear. :lol:
      Attached Images

ReputationRep:
      I can see why LV did this, to boost their sales by appearing "cool". However, it certainly taints their image by deigning to collaborate with a hipster brand.

This collection looks tacky af.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      "Louis Vuitton x Supreme 🙏🔥💯👌"
      That is EXACTLY it! :toofunny:

(Original post by Quixote.)
      I've always thought Louis Vuitton looked pretty tacky tbh. Separate the naff all-over print from the LV name and it looks pretty crap. It's not a particularly nice print, and it's literally all over everything they make.
      I disagree, Louis Vuitton's classic monogram print is iconic and never looked tacky to me. I used to associate it with class, which drove my passion for the brand:

• Political Ambassador

(Original post by Quixote.)
      I've always thought Louis Vuitton looked pretty tacky tbh. Separate the naff all-over print from the LV name and it looks pretty crap. It's not a particularly nice print, and it's literally all over everything they make.
      LV is overpriced and ostentatious.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.