Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Yep
    I'd rather buy real Primark than fake designer :lol:
    Fake primark is actually a bargain though, 50p for a suit and it looks almost identical to the real thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4073297

You should be a fashion consultant for TSR.

I've never seen a chav with a genuine Burberry hat or clothing, I must of missed it. The tartan was a bit horrible though, to be fair.

Burberry have definitely shaken off that tarnish to their reputation though. Really nice, elegant clothing. (Their new collection is awful though - AW15 was nicer)
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Slowly but surely, I feel like Burberry is rising up in the ranks again! The pattern does still evoke nausea, but they're on their way to recovery I feel.
    Epi leather and the leather options in general are quite nice, I agree with the vernis - I haven't seen that worn out much.

Probably true, but Hermes I feel is the worst - ugly and simple design, huge waiting lists and celebrities owning tens in different colours. I see that their resell price is high though, as you point out. Chanel has a price increase multiple times a year I believe, I feel that helps them retain their inaccessibility. Chanel is the safest bet, I agree.
    Name:  Chav_scally.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  13.6 KB

The plaid/ tartan caps were/ are a hallmark of chav culture. Obviously fake stuff but nonetheless the association tarnished the brand. Indeed, I agree that Burberry has reclaimed their image over the past few years.
    • Political Ambassador

Tbh I wear very plain clothes, I'm not a fan of logos on clothing. Beyond me why you'd buy fake branded clothing.
    I appreciate you even more. :five:

(Original post by saraxh)
    True

I want this in the future but I need to save up for it first http://s3.favim.com/orig/140530/bag-...om-1804170.jpg
    My city is full of females and their Givenchy bags. Lol.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Fake primark is actually a bargain though, 50p for a suit and it looks almost identical to the real thing!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    True

I want this in the future but I need to save up for it first http://s3.favim.com/orig/140530/bag-...om-1804170.jpg
    I very nearly bought an Antigona once. I was put off how everyone has one and I'm not that keen on the rigid and clunky shape!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what's with all the hate on Supreme...

I do think this collab is quite awful though, except maybe the black Michael backpack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Not sure what's with all the hate on Supreme...

I do think this collab is quite awful though, except maybe the black Michael backpack.
    Terrible brand that how some manages to pull of the 'exclusivity' thing it does with limited releases. The clothing is harrowing and overpriced. It is the go to brand for people that 'collect' clothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I appreciate you even more. :five:

My city is full of females and their Givenchy bags. Lol.
    It's simple and goes with everything :yep:

Ngl I want the Fendi Key chains. Some people don't get the hype but idk I just look how it looks on a handbag
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    I very nearly bought an Antigona once. I was put off how everyone has one and I'm not that keen on the rigid and clunky shape!
    Yeah, it does look and feel a bit boxy - it looks nice but wouldn't be comfortable in use.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible brand that how some manages to pull of the 'exclusivity' thing it does with limited releases. The clothing is harrowing and overpriced. It is the go to brand for people that 'collect' clothing.
    They sell the clothes for double it's price on Ebay.

ReputationRep:
    Only to then spend that money on another ridiculously priced piece.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It's simple and goes with everything :yep:

Ngl I want the Fendi Key chains. Some people don't get the hype but idk I just look how it looks on a handbag
    They're worthless - huge and impractical imo, slightly reminiscent of a kids toy

ReputationRep:
    Not that expensive if you manage to buy retail, and there's a reason it's one of the top streetwear brands. I guess the exclusivity does contribute to it but other brands do that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Yeah, i've noticed loads of youtubers have a Antigona. Chloe bags are in atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Not that expensive if you manage to buy retail, and there's a reason it's one of the top streetwear brands. I guess the exclusivity does contribute to it but other brands do that too.
    what makes it a top streetwear brand? What exactly is unique and what makes it worth the money you pay for it? You certainly aren't getting something exclusive/unique, despite their best efforts I see it everywhere. Can the clothing hold on its own if you took the logo away?

I'm not a fan of streetwear to be honest. I wish brands like Stussy had stuck to their roots of beachwear. (But then brands like Stone Island?! Literally wtf)

ReputationRep:
    Way more than double lol. Managed to get a peach hoodie for retail, resold for just under a grand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    They're worthless - huge and impractical imo, slightly reminiscent of a kids toy
    LMFAO :rofl: It's cute(my excuse to get it). I actually asked my friend's how much they think it costs. They said £5 .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i've noticed loads of youtubers have a Antigona. Chloe bags are in atm
    Pfft, timeless clothing wins hands down

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, timeless clothing wins hands down
    But it's a nice bag
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO :rofl: It's cute(my excuse to get it). I actually asked my friend's how much they think it costs. They said £5 .
    It does look that cheap ngl :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.