Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Way more than double lol. Managed to get a peach hoodie for retail, resold for just under a grand.
    Lucky. I want to buy a few things from Supreme but some people just sell it for such a high price ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    what makes it a top streetwear brand? What exactly is unique and what makes it worth the money you pay for it?
    It's one of the OG brands in streetwear because of its longstanding history with the skateboarding sub-culture. The exclusivity certainly makes it highly coveted and drives up hype, combined with the fact that lots of famous people wear it, from musicians (not just rappers) and athletes to models. They've also had a lot of collabs (most of them being better than this one...) with other well-respected brands such as with The North Face, Stone Island, Playboy, Commes des Garcons, Champion, Levis, Air Jordans, Vans, Nike, etc which in turn has made them more popular.

I personally think it is worth the money I pay for it because I mostly buy retail, I don't think resell prices are worth it however. I know you could get similar quality stuff but without the logo for a lot cheaper, but basically you're just paying for the logo which I can acknowledge. Also not all of their clothes are just a big red box logo slapped on, they have lots of low-key stuff too.

But I guess that applies to most fashion brands. Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    It does look that cheap ngl :lol:
    I think I looked at Etsy for similar designs to the Fendi monster but it was still expensive. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the OG brands in streetwear because of its longstanding history with the skateboarding sub-culture. The exclusivity certainly makes it highly coveted and drives up hype, combined with the fact that lots of famous people wear it, from musicians (not just rappers) and athletes to models. They've also had a lot of collabs (most of them being better than this one...) with other well-respected brands such as with The North Face, Stone Island, Playboy, Commes des Garcons, Champion, Levis, Air Jordans, Vans, Nike, etc which in turn has made them more popular.

I personally think it is worth the money I pay for it because I mostly buy retail, I don't think resell prices are worth it however. I know you could get similar quality stuff but without the logo for a lot cheaper, but basically you're just paying for the logo which I can acknowledge. Also not all of their clothes are just a big red box logo slapped on, they have lots of low-key stuff too.

But I guess that applies to most fashion brands. Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani, etc
    And Clarks as well did a collab with Supreme. What's your opinion on Clarks btw? Long standing association with (real) rappers as well as gangs...?

Haha what sort of people wear it? Kanye? Drake; Supreme/North Face collab was disgusting!!

ReputationRep:

I think Thrasher is becoming really popular. I can see what the hype is about.

ReputationRep:
    Haha what sort of people wear it? Kanye? Drake; Supreme/North Face collab was disgusting!!
    Yeah. Kanye, Drake, Kid Cudi, Michael Jordan, Halsey, Neil Young, Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, A$AP Rocky, Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Jonah Hill, Pharell, John Mayer, Nas, P. Diddy, and David Beckham to name a few.

Also you say that like there has only been one Supreme/TNF collab which makes me think you're just saying that for the sake of it. They've collaborated in 15 different seasons over ~10 years, so to simply say all collaborative pieces between them are disgusting is just ignorant imo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Kanye, Drake, Kid Cudi, Michael Jordan, Halsey, Neil Young, Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Frank Ocean, A$AP Rocky, Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Jonah Hill, Pharell, John Mayer, Nas, P. Diddy, and David Beckham to name a few.

Also you say that like there has only been one Supreme/TNF collab which makes me think you're just saying that for the sake of it. They've collaborated in 15 different seasons over ~10 years, so to simply say all collaborative pieces between them are disgusting is just ignorant imo.
    I didn't know about Supreme 10 years ago.....I'd be very surprised if you did either.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know about Supreme 10 years ago.....
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I think Thrasher is becoming really popular. I can see what the hype is about.
    Yeah it's really well known amongst skaters because of the magazine

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know about Supreme 10 years ago.....I'd be very surprised if you did either.
    With regards to your edit, I did not nor did I ever claim to. But it's not like the items just disappear once it goes onto the next season, people still items from the 08 drops as deadstock.

ReputationRep:
    Okay.
    I'm just not into streetwear :dontknow:

Surfwear was always my thing back in the day.

Now I prefer brands I can't afford, but I like to wander into the shops and touch everything as if I might buy it...

gieves and hawkes...that kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to your edit, I did not nor did I ever claim to. But it's not like the items just disappear once it goes onto the next season, people still items from the 08 drops as deadstock.
    I had a quick browse...Just saw a jacket from 08 go for like $800. They are horrible

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not into streetwear :dontknow:
    Fair enough, I respect that.

I had a quick browse...Just saw a jacket from 08 go for like $800. They are horrible
    Yeah 08fw is awful, 08ss skyline is quite nice though but is pretty impossible to find.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I respect that.

Yeah 08fw is awful, 08ss skyline is quite nice though but is pretty impossible to find.
    When I was a lot younger, okay I did wear some skatewear. Volcom, World Industries, Element, Carhartt (if you'd consider them skate/street)

but now it's all hype/huf/thrasher(?) ?

ReputationRep:
    If anybody on here could complete either one of my dissertation questionnaires I would be eternally grateful (and will happily return the favour)...

I am aiming to find out how luxury rebranding can affect the consumer-brand relationship.
    Please choose one of the following surveys to answer:
    1. You don't consider yourself a 'luxury consumer'
    http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/XQGXN/

2. Is for those of you who feel like you know you 'stuff' about luxury, and make luxury purchases or own luxury goods.
    http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/7H7WL/

Thanks so much in advance!!

PS. more shocked by Supreme doing this over Louis Vuitton... LVMH have been circling Supreme for a long time now!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by JasmineRose001)
    If anybody on here could complete either one of my dissertation questionnaires I would be eternally grateful (and will happily return the favour)...

I am aiming to find out how luxury rebranding can affect the consumer-brand relationship.
    Please choose one of the following surveys to answer:
    1. You don't consider yourself a 'luxury consumer'
    http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/XQGXN/

2. Is for those of you who feel like you know you 'stuff' about luxury, and make luxury purchases or own luxury goods.
    http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/7H7WL/

Thanks so much in advance!!

PS. more shocked by Supreme doing this over Louis Vuitton... LVMH have been circling Supreme for a long time now!
    Second survey completed! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Second survey completed! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much!! Really appreciate it
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by JasmineRose001)
    Thanks so much!! Really appreciate it
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Louis Vuitton has always been tacky with its print. Reminds me of Paris Hilton, the antonym of class.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.