Turn on thread page Beta

Changing parental sponsor mid year watch

    • Thread Starter

    My father decided to disown me and has notified sfe that he is no longer responsible for me. My payments have dropped to the minimum amount. My mum and her husband are happy to support me but they've just started a business in January so have a drastically different salary than 2016 (it was a lot higher). If supporting me from 2017 only then should the calculation be solely based on their new income? We have the forms but are struggling to reflect only the projected salary from January 2017. What should I do?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    You can have your mother and her partner support your application. If the overall household income has dropped by more than 15% we can carry out a Current Year Income (CYI) reassessment.

    Please be aware that we need to income assess you based on the household income for the tax year 2014/15 for funding for the academic year 2016/17. We would then be able to carry out a CYI reassessment.

    If it is for academic year 2017/18 funding then the income we require evidence for will be for tax year 2015/16. Once again, we would need to income assess based on the relevant tax year before a CYI reassessment can be carried out.

    If your mother and her partner wish to support you, please have them complete a PFF2 form. This can be found at www.gov.uk/studentfinance

    Hope this helps.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.