Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Madonna's early music - Any Madonna fans here? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here a fan of Madonna's early stuff (80's and early 90's)? My older brother was a big fan of Madonn, and would always play her early stuff around the house when I was growing up. Her Immaculate Collection album was the first CD I owned (my brother gave it to me ). I still own/play it.

I still like Madonna, despite recent events, and I think some of her early 00's hits were pretty good. She was/remains a huge pop icon IMO. I think the quality of her earlier hits still holds up very well. I never really stopped being a Madonna fan, I'm one of those crazy fans that doesn't think she can ever really do anything wrong.. haha...

I couldn't pick a favourite track, but I used to listen to the Immaculate Collection on repeat at uni/work. I also own quite a few of her movies.

ReputationRep:
    I love Maddona's Music for for-ever but prefer her mid 90s to early noughties (eg Ray of light/American Pie/American Life) but regardless her early stuff like Holiday, Material Girl, PaPa Don't Breach was quality indeed

ReputationRep:
    I like her early stuff because it has whispers of disco in it and it's just that 80's sound. Here confessions on the dance floor album is her best latest one I think, but I think I only like that because it has a lot of french house influence on it, you know daft punk etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ray of Light was very good.

I like a couple of singles from the 80s but not a massive fan.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.