Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

President Snowflake to launch investigation into "voter fraud". Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Well done. You picked up on one word that should be 'investigation', rather than trial.

I note you've got no comeback for any of the other points.
    I apologise fir not realising when you said trial you actually meant investigation.

How silly of me.

Other points......

No news outlets anywhere are reporting any evidence of any fraud.

If you make the choice to hold up the mainstream media as a reliable source of information, you shouldn't be surprised if people don't take you seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    I apologise fir not realising when you said trial you actually meant investigation.

How silly of me.

Other points......

No news outlets anywhere are reporting any evidence of any fraud.

If you make the choice to hold up the mainstream media as a reliable source of information, you shouldn't be surprised if people don't take you seriously.
    Act like a **** all you want, the fact (and you might want to look up what that word means, I'm not sure you know) remains that there's no evidence whatsoever of any significant (IE, more than 4 or 5 instances) voter fraud taking place in the US. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree on that as well. As do the independent bodies set up to oversee such things.

So, I ask again;

Prove it.

ReputationRep:
    Act like a **** all you want, the fact (and you might want to look up what that word means, I'm not sure you know) remains that there's no evidence whatsoever of any significant (IE, more than 4 or 5 instances) voter fraud taking place in the US. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree on that as well. As do the independent bodies set up to oversee such things.

So, I ask again;

Prove it.
    Isn't that what this investigation is for? To prove whether this has happened

ReputationRep:

So, I ask again;

Prove it.
    Does your mummy know you use language like that when she allows you computer time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    He won the election, but is still too insecure to get over the fact that he lost the popular vote.
    Nobody who is sensible and sane cares about the popular vote: it is irrelevant. The system is designed to allow the states to elect the president, not the people.

He is right to investigate as it appears as if a foreign state has interfered in the election. That is verging on being an act of war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Isn't that what this investigation is for? To prove whether this has happened
    Trump is saying it has happened.

Everybody else is saying it didn't and that its impossible for it to have happened on the scale that's implied.

There is zero evidence for anything having happened.

This is akin to holding an investigation to see if the moon really is in the pond. Or to seeing if alchemy is a real science. Or proving the world is flat. These are the cries of a deeply deranged and disturbed individual who can't accept that someone got more votes than he did despite the fact he legitimately won anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Does your mummy know you use language like that when she allows you computer time?
    It's ok, your mum gave me permission to.

Orders investigation into suspected crime.
    For a crime to be suspected there has to be evidence.

Where's the evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    That patriotic eagle knows what's what.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody else is saying it didn't and that its impossible for it to have happened on the scale that's implied.

There is zero evidence for anything having happened.
    I'm not so sure. Obama obviously thinks something happened, or he wouldn't have done this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-election-hack

ReputationRep:
    He landed his job because he won an election fair and square, won i may add under the system that has been in place since the first ever US election.(99% sure about that)
    You've just completely contradicted yourself.

Was the election rigged/fraudulent or not? Was the election "fair and square" or was it not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I'm not so sure. Obama obviously thinks something happened, or he wouldn't have done this:

Not the same thing. That's alleged interference with the election by releasing information to sway voters.

Trump is talking about millions of votes being cast illegally.

He suspects a crime, but there is no evidence of a crime. You cannot suspect something without evidence....Unless you're paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!

A human being that changes his mind about something after it benefits him!!!!!!!

Totally unheard of in the entire history of mankind.

Have you told your mummy on him?
    Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Delete your account.

ReputationRep:
    Not the same thing. That's alleged interference with the election by releasing information to sway voters.

Trump is talking about millions of votes being cast illegally.

He suspects a crime, but there is no evidence of a crime. You cannot suspect something without evidence....Unless you're paranoid.
    It sounds like a second means of doing the same job to me: sway the voters and add a few more to the vote we want.

I'm not saying it was done, but all western nations would be foolish to ignore what Russia appears to be doing with its cyber warfare. Germany has been hacked, as have Ukraine and Estonia. Even WADA has been hacked by Russian state agents.

This is a non-party political issue; it is a realpolitik issue - a twenty-first century cold war, and very serious.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

That was because Russia hacked the DNC, not because of voter fraud.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a second means of doing the same job to me: sway the voters and add a few more to the vote we want.

I'm not saying it was done, but all western nations would be foolish to ignore what Russia appears to be doing with its cyber warfare. Germany has been hacked, as have Ukraine and Estonia. Even WADA has been hacked by Russian state agents.

This is a non-party political issue; it is a realpolitik issue - a twenty-first century cold war, and very serious.
    You're talking about two completely different issues. One is Russian hacking of the DNC in order to acquire embarrassing / compromising material to release, and thus put their thumb on the scale to benefit Trump.

The other is Trump's bogus claim that millions of votes were cast by illegal immigrants, primarily based on his insecurity that he is viewed as lacking legitimacy both because he lost the popular vote and because Russia assisted him in getting elected.

If anything, if there was Russian hacking of the voting computers then it would have been done to assist Trump.

ReputationRep:
    Curiously i can not recall any of the left wingers currently undergoing a meltdown, ever complaining about the broken electoral system in the US.
    So you've never heard of the 2000 presidential election?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2000

And by saying, "I can not recall", how would you know if people had complained about it? You appear to know almost nothing about American history or politics. That's like someone who has been living alone in a cave for the last twenty years being told he smells by the first person he meets, and then saying "Well, I don't recall anyone complaining about it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    You've just completely contradicted yourself.

Was the election rigged/fraudulent or not? Was the election "fair and square" or was it not?
    Sorry you seem a tad confused, don't worry i'm willing to take the time to explain it to you.

HE landed his job because he won an election fair and square.

Is not the same as:

THE election was fair and square.

With me so far,good!

Its a tricky concept but, one party may try to rig an election and still lose.

Although Hilary was more successful in rigging the Dem party nomination,yes?

It just goes to show, you can't rig em all.

ReputationRep:
    It just goes to show, you can't rig any
    Fixed that for you.

Still waiting, btw:
    Orders investigation into suspected crime.
    For a crime to be suspected there has to be evidence.

Where's the evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Delete your account.
    You wish.

But to be honest,I enjoy highlighting the left's lies and hypocrisy too much.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Trump's insecurity is so odd. First the claim that his inauguration was the most widely attended (despite a message that there's no way to verify it), and now this claim of millions of fraudulent votes with no evidence at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.