Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls and guys: am I overthinking it too much? Would you be put off from your bf/gf? Watch

Hi
    Going to try and keep this basic
    Me and my bf have been together 2 yrs long distance relationship. He comes over every 3 months or so I've been to him a couple of times too bit never met his friends just out of shyness.

My bf well is popular and well known even more so he says he is. I know he's had a lot of partners most have been committed relationships where he's been cheated on etc. But he has slept with quite a few people most are exs some are fwb and one night stands even online meetings for hook up he told me from the start being honest it never bothered me. Untill we started having sex.

More so recently I found one of his instagram pages and looked at who he was following. There were guys, and men stuff lol like cars, basketball etc and alot of girls. I know it's stupid to overthink and be insecure about this. But alot of the girls are from the area
    He's from and him being popular etc obviously he must know them or see them but it really brings me down. They are pretty and most single. Good looking, good body shapes etc. Idk whether I'm being insecure since this is my first real relationship I'm 19 he's 25 turning 26).

I know his friends etx know about me but it just brings me down. It's not even like they follow him back. He's got 300 followers and is following at least 900 people most are girls and guys.
    Idk whether it's cos I don't really have many male friends that I hang around with. There are guys I know that I talk to and have a good chat with but that's it not really friends. He has got a ton of female and male friends. Some female ones ask him for lifts or to take em to places etc. Or ch I'll with em. And idk I'm just insecure about it. I've seen old pics wito him and female mates like hugging etc which I don't mind but some are really close head on his shoulders in clubs and they even ask him to give him lifts out to clubs etc.

Idk whether I'm being ludicrous about the whole situation. Guys and girls how would you feel if your bf or gf was like this.?
    Am I.being insecure and stupid

Thanks

Sorry for the spelling errors.

Anyone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.