Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Anyone done Env Sci at either GCSE or A Level? I'm thinking of doing them both (if I can find somewhere locally that *does* A2....), and I wondered how anyone with them already under their belts or part-way through enjoyed the subject. I'd be esp curious about the coursework aspect of GSCE. I have an idea already (not even enrolled yet!!!!) but I wonder how viable it is.

I done a module called environmental biology in A-level, it was utter crap...I advise you to stay well away from the whole environmental thing it just isn't interesting...

(Original post by Unregistered)
    I done a module called environmental biology in A-level, it was utter crap...I advise you to stay well away from the whole environmental thing it just isn't interesting...
    That really depends on what you find interesting. I would personally say that the whole physics a-level(except the optional astro-physics module we took) was very un-interesting but many people would disagree with me. I also found the whole biology a-level very interesting.

funny you should say that, but there were onehundred people taking environmental biology and all but one found it un-interesting - the statistics back me up...

ReputationRep:
    funny you should say that, but there were onehundred people taking environmental biology and all but one found it un-interesting - the statistics back me up...
    Hmm, I agree that it's a matter of opinion, thanks for your input all the same. I was asking about env sci as a specific subject which is quite different anyway.

I would agree that it is the most un-interesting of all the modules, but I took Human Biology and never wanted to study this compulsary module in the first place.

But the thing is, she obviously has a direct interest in this area and wants to study it an an individual subject, whereas you took a general biology course and did not enjoy the module. There is quite a big difference.

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is, she obviously has a direct interest in this area and wants to study it an an individual subject, whereas you took a general biology course and did not enjoy the module. There is quite a big difference.
    Not really. You see, Env Sci as a distinct subject is more like a sciencified version of geography. It covers a lot of stuff like earth sciences, atmosphere, the various cycles, human impacts and so on as well as ecology and the bio-bits. Sounds a lot more varied than one module in biology. Anyway, we shall see!!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.