Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 19 year old female.

My hair was extremely damaged so I shaved it all off. It's a buzzcut. It doesn't look great on me but it was necessary- believe me.

The problem is, I have a few uni interviews coming up (for animation) and I was wondering if I should wear a wig. Or just rock what I got at the moment.

Do you think having a shaved head will affect my chances of an offer?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by kuroskye)
    I'm a 19 year old female.

My hair was extremely damaged so I shaved it all off. It's a buzzcut. It doesn't look great on me but it was necessary- believe me.

The problem is, I have a few uni interviews coming up (for animation) and I was wondering if I should wear a wig. Or just rock what I got at the moment.

Do you think having a shaved head will affect my chances of an offer?
    Hi

Will it grow back?

You should do whats comfortable for you. If its at all medical you can make a brief comment as an ice breaker which puts both of you at ease (makes you less self conscious). Might even work in your favour, especially if you smile and come across as confident.

If youd feel comfier with a wig, then wear one. Just remove it from the equation and focus on the interview. GL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Hi

Will it grow back?

You should do whats comfortable for you. If its at all medical you can make a brief comment as an ice breaker which puts both of you at ease (makes you less self conscious). Might even work in your favour, especially if you smile and come across as confident.

If youd feel comfier with a wig, then wear one. Just remove it from the equation and focus on the interview. GL.
    Yes it will grow back (I'm hoping- that's the plan haha)
    It's not really a medical thing or a style preference. What happened is I dyed my hair too much and "broke it". It was rather terrible lol.

I don't have a very nice wig so I may just deal with it. I could just put some makeup on and make sure I smile I suppose. I'm not too worried about my appearence, and I've always been a bit of a tomboy.

I'm just worried if an interveiwer would see it as weird and therefore I'd not get an offer based off my hair (or lack of it). However, it is an art interview so maybe they wouldn't care as much... Thank you for your comment :-)
    • Very Important Poster

Yes it will grow back (I'm hoping- that's the plan haha)
    It's not really a medical thing or a style preference. What happened is I dyed my hair too much and "broke it". It was rather terrible lol.

I don't have a very nice wig so I may just deal with it. I could just put some makeup on and make sure I smile I suppose. I'm not too worried about my appearence, and I've always been a bit of a tomboy.

I'm just worried if an interveiwer would see it as weird and therefore I'd not get an offer based off my hair (or lack of it). However, it is an art interview so maybe they wouldn't care as much... Thank you for your comment :-)
    You sound fine with it. Deal wth it as an ice breaker right at the beginning and make light of it. It will put them at their ease and they will be impressed or defintely not prejudicial about the fact. Shows you have some character and makes you a bit memorable. I thought it might be alopecia or cancer etc. It will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly if I was you I wouldn't care what people think having hair or not don't change your personality, my best friend had cancer and lost her hair and she was scared of what people thought but now she's just opened up and everyone's proud of her for it you should do the same x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, I think you should go as you are, in my opinion, a woman who is bald or almost bald =

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentscla)
    Honestly if I was you I wouldn't care what people think having hair or not don't change your personality, my best friend had cancer and lost her hair and she was scared of what people thought but now she's just opened up and everyone's proud of her for it you should do the same x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hh wow. That is so sad to hear... Unfortunatley my reasons are not as upsetting but that was rather inspiring to hear. I'm definitely leaning to go without the wig! Thank you for this comment, I hope you and your friend are doing well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poundstretcher)
    No, I think you should go as you are, in my opinion, a woman who is bald or almost bald =
    Haha good to hear! Maybe I'll just rock the bald then.

ReputationRep:
    She's great now thank you her hairs not even grown a lot but nothing changed so yeah rock the bald look you will look beautiful anyway!! xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha good to hear! Maybe I'll just rock the bald then.
    And look as beautiful as what Grace Slick currently looks like. (Google her if you've never heard of her, but she is almost bald with her old age).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You sound fine with it. Deal wth it as an ice breaker right at the beginning and make light of it. It will put them at their ease and they will be impressed or defintely not prejudicial about the fact. Shows you have some character and makes you a bit memorable. I thought it might be alopecia or cancer etc. It will be fine.
    You make a good point. Thanks again for your comment! I'm feeling a lot better about it now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.