Rufusld
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello

I am 30 and I am from Latvia. I have lived and worked in UK for 7 years. I will start my undergraduate course in September 2017. Am I eligible for maintenance loan? Do I need to apply as UK student?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
Yes, you are eligible - EU students need to have lived in the UK for five years to be eligible for a maintenance loan. I don't believe you apply as a UK student, presumably you apply as an EU student and give details about your residency in the UK in the relevant section of the application. Call SFE and ask.
Elizabeth SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi

Some EU students may be entitled to 'Home Student' funding if they:
  • Are an EU National
  • Have lived in the United Kingdom for five or more years prior to the start of their course
  • Will be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first academic year of their course
  • Be attending a course which attracts funding
  • They/they're spouse/civil partner/parent/step-parent is a Migrant Worker
  • They are the child of a Swiss National
  • They are the child of a Turkish Worker
If the student is entitled to 'Home Student' funding due to meeting any of the above criteria then they will apply in the same way as 'Home Students' would in England, Thanks
Rufusld
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for your reply. It's still a little bit confusing. I meet the first three criteria, does it mean I pass the requirements?

I am not sure about fourth criteria. I will be studying Creative sound technology foundation degree + a top up year to get BSc (Hons).
Pamela SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Rufusld

Yes, you can apply as a home student. We will require you to send 5 years of evidence to show you have been living in the UK, this can be P60's if you were working. As long as your course attracts funding, you have identity evidence and you can send the 5 years evidence you can apply as a home student and will be eligible for full funding. Please apply on the UK application form once it has been released for 2017/2018.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed