Loans for EU citizenWatch
I am 30 and I am from Latvia. I have lived and worked in UK for 7 years. I will start my undergraduate course in September 2017. Am I eligible for maintenance loan? Do I need to apply as UK student?
Some EU students may be entitled to 'Home Student' funding if they:
- Are an EU National
- Have lived in the United Kingdom for five or more years prior to the start of their course
- Will be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first academic year of their course
- Be attending a course which attracts funding
- They/they're spouse/civil partner/parent/step-parent is a Migrant Worker
- They are the child of a Swiss National
- They are the child of a Turkish Worker
Thanks for your reply. It's still a little bit confusing. I meet the first three criteria, does it mean I pass the requirements?
I am not sure about fourth criteria. I will be studying Creative sound technology foundation degree + a top up year to get BSc (Hons).
Yes, you can apply as a home student. We will require you to send 5 years of evidence to show you have been living in the UK, this can be P60's if you were working. As long as your course attracts funding, you have identity evidence and you can send the 5 years evidence you can apply as a home student and will be eligible for full funding. Please apply on the UK application form once it has been released for 2017/2018.