Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am 30 and I am from Latvia. I have lived and worked in UK for 7 years. I will start my undergraduate course in September 2017. Am I eligible for maintenance loan? Do I need to apply as UK student?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are eligible - EU students need to have lived in the UK for five years to be eligible for a maintenance loan. I don't believe you apply as a UK student, presumably you apply as an EU student and give details about your residency in the UK in the relevant section of the application. Call SFE and ask.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Some EU students may be entitled to 'Home Student' funding if they:
    • Are an EU National
    • Have lived in the United Kingdom for five or more years prior to the start of their course
    • Will be living in the United Kingdom on the first day of the first academic year of their course
    • Be attending a course which attracts funding
    • They/they're spouse/civil partner/parent/step-parent is a Migrant Worker
    • They are the child of a Swiss National
    • They are the child of a Turkish Worker
    If the student is entitled to 'Home Student' funding due to meeting any of the above criteria then they will apply in the same way as 'Home Students' would in England, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for your reply. It's still a little bit confusing. I meet the first three criteria, does it mean I pass the requirements?

I am not sure about fourth criteria. I will be studying Creative sound technology foundation degree + a top up year to get BSc (Hons).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rufusld

Yes, you can apply as a home student. We will require you to send 5 years of evidence to show you have been living in the UK, this can be P60's if you were working. As long as your course attracts funding, you have identity evidence and you can send the 5 years evidence you can apply as a home student and will be eligible for full funding. Please apply on the UK application form once it has been released for 2017/2018.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.