Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was on the motorway in a 50 zone (roadworks) and I was flashed by a speed camera. I looked at my speedometer and I was doing 50 mph. Im worried that Im going to get a fine even though I didnt do anything wrong. I couldnt dispute it because I cant prove I was going at thet speed. I know there was a thread about thid a while ago, do you know what came of that? Im really worried :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I was on the motorway in a 50 zone (roadworks) and I was flashed by a speed camera. I looked at my speedometer and I was doing 50 mph. Im worried that Im going to get a fine even though I didnt do anything wrong. I couldnt dispute it because I cant prove I was going at thet speed. I know there was a thread about thid a while ago, do you know what came of that? Im really worried :confused:
    was there a car in front of u .. mayb tht was the person who was snapped ... most speed cameras also show speed on the picture itself .. so if u were going 50 it will b on the pic ..... mayb ur speedometer isnt working ... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    if u know you were only doing 50 then that's fine. you may not be able to prove you were going less than 50, but they can prove if you did go over. they also compare photos and the marker lines on the road to confirm the GATSO's radar.

they usually allow ~5-10% over the limit.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, sometimes they flash for no reason.
    i got flashed in a 30 zone about 4 weeks ago - i knew that i was below the limit however, and havent been fined or anything (touch wood)

ReputationRep:
    dont worry hun i get flashed some times doing 40 in a 40 zone ... may be it was the car in front of u going over the limit ... but if u was doing 50 in a 50 zone u should be ok .... hope it works out ok for u

ReputationRep:
    I was doing 40 by accident in a 30 today thank god i dint get flashed! Im always really careful aswel, its just that i got my brace and i was talking to my mum about it lol.

ReputationRep:
    Vandalise the Camera, seen a website once full of pictures of vandalised cameras, you could get a few innovative ideas from there

maybe it was an evil child standing by the side of the road with a camera flash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    Vandalise the Camera, seen a website once full of pictures of vandalised cameras, you could get a few innovative ideas from there

NO, tax payers then pay for the damage.......the best we can get at the goverment is not to speed then they wont leech from us and then people can stop whining when they get a ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    It was on the M42... I think I'd get noticed

(Original post by crana)
    Again, a child on the M42? Unless it was a ghost child :eek:

It was on the M42... I think I'd get noticed

Again, a child on the M42? Unless it was a ghost child :eek:

weeeeeeeeeeel they could be standing on the verge..........possibly......... ..or not......... hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me... (I can't remember where I heard this)...that speed cameras go off at:

speed limit + 10% of speed limit + 3mph

= 50 + 5 + 3 = 58 mph. I'm sure you'll be fine - there is a speed camera in my village which flashes randomly, but has never issued a fine in it's life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    Something tells me... (I can't remember where I heard this)...that speed cameras go off at:

speed limit + 10% of speed limit + 3mph

= 50 + 5 + 3 = 58 mph. I'm sure you'll be fine - there is a speed camera in my village which flashes randomly, but has never issued a fine in it's life!
    i thought it was just the ten percent they gave you- so 22, 33, 44 etc. surely 10% plus 3 mph extra is too risky?

ReputationRep:
    Heh, on their way to the formal last night some guys got booked in their WRX it was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Kill it! :cool: FAST as poss!

ReputationRep:
    i got told that lots of speed cameras don;t actually have film in them so even if they flash it doesn't mean you've been caught. dunno if its true...seems a bit stupid if it is!

ReputationRep:
    I was flashed by a speed camera. I looked at my speedometer and I was doing 50 mph. Im worried that Im going to get a fine even though I didnt do anything wrong. :confused:
    Don't worry yourself blood, if you were only doing the speed limit you will not get a ticket in the post.
    I have been flashed loads of times,only caught twice doing 34mph in a 30mph £40 fine +3 Points & 72mph in a 40mph £92 fine and 3 more points.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this why we have a trip indicator for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Isn't this why we have a trip indicator for?
    Ok, I might sound really thick, but what is a trip indicator?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.