Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks,
    I have just finished my first semester in Civil Engineering , at first i was planning to complete my Bachelor degree here then do my masters in Deutschland due to the fact that I am already learning German right now and ofc one of the leading countries in the major ,then i was planing to settle down after the masters in Germany and start my career there (also immigrating to Canada was an option ) until one of my instructors told me that the masters arent enough and your bachelor itself is preferred to be from Germany (or any other EU country /US) to get better opportunities if i want to work there whatever my skills and qualifications were so what i want to know do my chances get really affected by my graduating university even if i were qualified and have the required skills? shall i restart my degree in Europe now or wait until i finish my bachelor here and just depend on my post graduates there
    sidenote :I am studying in one of the leading universities in Civil Engineering in my country , Egypt
    sidenote 2 : Restarting my degree wont cost me more time of studying since Engineering here is 8 semesters and in Germany is 6

ReputationRep:
    is your civil degree accredited by the institute of civil engineers or structural engineers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iahmad888)
    is your civil degree accredited by the institute of civil engineers or structural engineers?
    No, it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrash)
    No, it isn't
    I would say quit while you can and go to Germany and do your degree there (that is you're fluent in German or else you will struggle). A European degree will have a bit more international presence (especially due to well known accreditation's etc.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.