Turn on thread page Beta

What shall i do ( urgently need advice ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks,
    I have just finished my first semester in Civil Engineering , at first i was planning to complete my Bachelor degree here then do my masters in Deutschland due to the fact that I am already learning German right now and ofc one of the leading countries in the major ,then i was planing to settle down after the masters in Germany and start my career there (also immigrating to Canada was an option ) until one of my instructors told me that the masters arent enough and your bachelor itself is preferred to be from Germany (or any other EU country /US) to get better opportunities if i want to work there whatever my skills and qualifications were so what i want to know do my chances get really affected by my graduating university even if i were qualified and have the required skills? shall i restart my degree in Europe now or wait until i finish my bachelor here and just depend on my post graduates there
    sidenote :I am studying in one of the leading universities in Civil Engineering in my country , Egypt
    sidenote 2 : Restarting my degree wont cost me more time of studying since Engineering here is 8 semesters and in Germany is 6

ReputationRep:
    is your civil degree accredited by the institute of civil engineers or structural engineers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iahmad888)
    is your civil degree accredited by the institute of civil engineers or structural engineers?
    No, it isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrash)
    No, it isn't
    I would say quit while you can and go to Germany and do your degree there (that is you're fluent in German or else you will struggle). A European degree will have a bit more international presence (especially due to well known accreditation's etc.)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.