Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What should I expect at the interview? Does anyone have interview for this course on the 8th of feb too? and also can anyone tell me how to get to the campus from the train station, please?

ReputationRep:
    I had mine just over two weeks ago and got in:

First you have a welcome talk, it's not just you it's also every other course as well
    after that you go into your separate courses. in which you you're split into small groups and have to work together to create the basis of a TV show on a mindmap, and present it to the rest of the group, and say why you chose that genre, the channel, time slot etc. and how the series will plan out

I thought that this would be a whole day project thing but it's really 10 minutes working in groups and a few minutes presenting, after that they start doing the interviews which after you can leave, while you wait you can wonder round the campus or stay in the room and watch previous student's work.

They say the interview will be 15 minutes long but usually ran over:
    If you have any work, bring it, show them, me I gave them my scripts I wrote which they loved

Look at your personal statement as they will refer back to it
    Also they should of sent something in the post with a bunch of questions, use that to prepare and use knowledge of the media either in the interview or group project (for me I said how online streaming is the next big thing and how we should be moving towards that style (Binge watching)
    They will ask how the group task went, and ask how you feel working with others
    Also ask them some questions about their career and the course to show some interest and enthusiasm (so my guy currently directs Eastenders so I asked him how it compares to other work he's done)

Anything else I'll add if i can think of it but don't stress, just prepare with the questions they sent you in the post and questions to ask and you'll be fine. they also let you know pretty quicky, mine was on the Wednesday and I had an offer on Friday! Hopes this helps

ReputationRep:
    thank you, hopefully this will be similar for the film production as i am unsure on how that day will structured

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.