Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

£10k cash or a licence to kill for life. What would you choose? Watch

• View Poll Results: £10k cash or licence to kill?
    Gimme the cash!
    55.91%
    Licence to kill - pass me the silenced PPK!
    44.09%

ReputationRep:
    Merely having a licence to kill is plainly the most tremendous talking point and is obviously monetisable: your novelty act turn round the US chat show circuit, "here he is, the real life James Bond..." would net you more than 10 grand.

ReputationRep:
    License to kill and become the only legal assassin in the world, making more than £10k with one hit.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so the legality side of things is what stands between people on here and murder, kk good to know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    TSR seems to have a lot of sociopaths. What sane person would ever really want to kill somebody? :afraid:
    I've had quite a few conversations on here on something regarding morality, where it felt like the person I was speaking to basically bases their morals on the law, i.e. if you're all good in the eyes of the law, you're good in the eyes of morality, as if the law is the be-all-and-end-all of what's right and wrong. I think forums like this are proof that a lack of social interaction is no good for one's mental state.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'd take the cash, but only for the pragmatic reason that I'm very unlikely to ever be in a situation where I'd need a "licence to kill", whereas cash can always be spent.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Don't be such a girl, you could apply a bit of soft pressure with your shiny new powers. Imagine being ID'd and pulling out your government approved license to kill, I don't think I would pay for entry anywhere ever again.
    Some nice points raised here.

Me: "What was that officer, your want to see my licence? Sure."
    Officer: "You're free to go. Have a lovely day sir. Sorry to bother you."

:2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    License to kill.

I could threaten someone to give me 10k so that way I have 10k and the license

ReputationRep:
    10k cash please
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    TSR seems to have a lot of sociopaths. What sane person would ever really want to kill somebody? :afraid:
    Violence can be used for good.

(Original post by Willy Pete)
    We will all die, but some deserve it sooner than others.

Or you could use it for good to euthanize people who wanted to end their lives with dignity. Although I think that is a can of worms for another time.
    PRSOM

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Licence to kill, mate.

I know who I'd knock off.
    Tingtox?

ReputationRep:
    lol if I had a licence to kill handed to me, I'd hand it straight back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    lol if I had a licence to kill handed to me, I'd hand it straight back.
    How about u take it and give it to me then? Sharing is caring innit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)

Tingtox?
    You got it.

Spoiler:
    Show

Btw, how did you theory go?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You got it.

Spoiler:
    Show

Btw, how did you theory go?

It's tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    A puerile question. There's no such thing as a "licence to kill", and even if there was it's unclear why anyone other than a complete psychopath would want to be able to kill people. If someone wants the licence (or even asks the question) they should probably seek professional help.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    It's tomorrow
    Oh yeah haha, sorry.
    Good luck with it though. :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    A puerile question. There's no such thing as a "licence to kill", and even if there was it's unclear why anyone other than a complete psychopath would want to be able to kill people. If someone wants the licence (or even asks the question) they should probably seek professional help.
    So say you had the opportunity to kill someone like Kim Jong Un, (or some other horrible dictator or something) you're telling me you wouldn't take it? Even if it was for the greater good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalclash)
    Some nice points raised here.

Me: "What was that officer, your want to see my licence? Sure."
    Officer: "You're free to go. Have a lovely day sir. Sorry to bother you."

:2euk48l:
    ''Here's my license officer, and if I can just take your name and address''

''I'm sorry sir, I have a wife and child'' :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I'd take the 10k. mostly because the license doesn't bring protection from people trying to kill you, either because you've killed, or because they want the licence, or they want bragging rights. I don't want to live in fear. And, it would have very little value to me if I didn't use it. Furthermore, most people are assuming it's internationally recognised and that you won't receive unofficial retribution

James Bond has a license to kill all the time, and it's not even that useful to him (unless he uses it to get all those girls, via impression or coercion). What happens is people just try to kill him.

ReputationRep:
    Licence to kill, 10k is too low and you never know when having such a licence could be beneficial in life!

Think you need to make the poll something closer to Licence to Kill or £1,000,000?

ReputationRep:
    You.

Spoiler:
    Show

Jk, Just annoying, violent, and rude people, I guess.
    Too bad I didn't see the spoiler, already tracked your IP and called the RAF on u...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.