Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I've firmed my choice for UoS and I'm curious to find out what the English and History course is like. I've been to the open days and I've got notes from the lecturers, but I'd like to hear from the students! What's the course like? Is it more difficult compared to the single honour degrees? What's the uni life like? Accommodation?

If anyone else is doing this course in September then I'd love to get in contact with you!

Anyone that can help me out, I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    im doing eng lit! have you booked your halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've just finished my undergrad degree in Eng Lit - I've loved it so you've defo made a good choice!

My bf does a dual honours degree and doesn't find the work itself more difficult - the only difficulty is sometimes the departments don't communicate very well on module choices and things like that - it's easily sortable, it just requires a bit more effort than if you were doing a single honours!
    Uni life is amazing! - my advice for freshers is to chat to everyone, don't rush into buying freshers tickets too early (go to poptarts at the union, and the leadmill for everything else!!), and to just take as many photos and make as many memories as possible! For accommodation I'd recommend Endcliffe or Ranmoor, a lot of people slate ranmoor for being a bit quieter but I don't think that's really true - you'll enjoy either of them!

Good luck with your results!

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.