Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so for many reasons I haven't got anywhere to live for second year at uni in terms of sharing a house somewhere near the campus. I'm now considering my other options and I'm not sure what to do. I could try and find a room in a shared house by looking at the Facebook pages for my uni for instance but I'd be living with strangers yet at least they would be in my year. Alternatively I could apply to live in halls for second year and some halls apparently let you state if you'd rather live with other second years but obviously they can't guarantee and I could end up with freshers which I am very worried about as I dislike drinking and clubbing... the other options would be to get my own apartment somewhere or look into private halls
    I'm really stuck with this whole situation really
    any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your budget. I don't like going out clubbing and stuff like that either and it doesn't matter whether it's first year or 3rd year, you'll still be around someone who loves that.

If you can afford it, try looking for studio/1bed flats. I'm renting 1 bed alone and it's not that much more expensive than halls. But depends on where you live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    It depends on your budget. I don't like going out clubbing and stuff like that either and it doesn't matter whether it's first year or 3rd year, you'll still be around someone who loves that.

If you can afford it, try looking for studio/1bed flats. I'm renting 1 bed alone and it's not that much more expensive than halls. But depends on where you live
    I can afford a 1 bed flat for sure but guess I'm worried about being really antisocial but I am friends with people so I'd have to just make the effort to invite them round. I guess living on my home would remove any stress associated with potentially having to share with strangers who I might hate. Thanks for the advice I'll try and look into this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I can afford a 1 bed flat for sure but guess I'm worried about being really antisocial but I am friends with people so I'd have to just make the effort to invite them round. I guess living on my home would remove any stress associated with potentially having to share with strangers who I might hate. Thanks for the advice I'll try and look into this
    You can still go out. Considering you aren't going to live with your friends anyway it won't make a difference whether you live alone or with someone else. And living alone it's easier to invite someone over considering you have more space for that and don't need to arrange it with your flat mates. Of course, you may have to skip some of the last minute invites but those are usually just for going clubbing and getting pissed. If you're like me and like your privacy then it would be the best choice. You can still invite friends over or suggestions you go out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    You can still go out. Considering you aren't going to live with your friends anyway it won't make a difference whether you live alone or with someone else. And living alone it's easier to invite someone over considering you have more space for that and don't need to arrange it with your flat mates. Of course, you may have to skip some of the last minute invites but those are usually just for going clubbing and getting pissed. If you're like me and like your privacy then it would be the best choice. You can still invite friends over or suggestions you go out.
    Yeh that's true I guess I'd just have to make more effort would everyone; I have a good group of friends on my course and we do things together like not just go to clubs and I can always make more effort to join societies in order to meet new people. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on as I get used to my routine
    I'll try and find somewhere relatively close as well to the uni and where everyone else is living so it won't be too much hassle to treck to other people's houses and that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.