I've never been to a Showcase
The Odeon near me was not very nice so I'd say Cineworld :yy:
Advertisement
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Showcase is overpriced for what it is. Their customer service is pretty awful as well. Cineworld is good, and their customer service is lovely. Odeon is a bit crap, but knows it's crap, so charges little for tickets. £3 in my area, and £4 for 3D films. I'd say Odeon and Cineworld are joint winners for me, but there isn't a Cineworld very close to me so I very rarely visit
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Showcase is actually ****.

Cineword out the lot but I prefer vue.
Advertisement
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cineworld
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Empire

(our empire just got taken over by cineworld - cineworld is ****...the only booking system is awful, I didn't realise there were cinema websites worse than the odeon).
Advertisement
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Never been to any of them. We only have a Reel and Vue where I live.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Oh yes I forgot we had Vue and Reel as well.
Advertisement
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cineworld. The one on Renfrew St in Glasgow is fantastic.
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cineworld

Bit more on the expensive side but the Cineworld near me is pretty awesome. There are 20 screens of varying sizes, but the IMAX screen (which is one of the new "IMAX with Laser" projection systems) is pretty darn spectacular.
Advertisement
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gotta say, Empire is really good.

Nearby we have Showcase, Empire, Odeon, Vue, and a few indies. We have a Cineworld a little further out as well, but too far to visit for something we can see just as well at one of the many closer by. Showcase and Vue are expensive as anything. £10-£12.50 a ticket. That's just not in my price range. Empire is about £6.50 per ticket, and Odeon is £3 per ticket. The indies are about £5.50 per ticket, but the screens are smaller and they only have a couple of screens, so they don't show a lot. If I can use my Meerkat Mondays code, I'll go to Empire. It's closer, and the seats are the most comfortable. If I can't use a code, then I go to the Odeon. The seats aren't as comfortable, but they don't care if you sit in the premier seats without the upgrade as long as someone hasn't reserved it. They also take down all their posters when they're done with them and give them away with ones they didn't use in exchange for a donation to charity which is cool
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Cineworld. The one on Renfrew St in Glasgow is fantastic.
Couldn't agree more!
Advertisement
Bill1233
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Showcase paisley (UK). Reason why because its been upgraded . Comfy leather seats and good staff , Odeon also a really good cinema so imma say both joined 1st place Cineworld iv hardly ever been but is not to bad either
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Cineworld
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads