Turn on thread page Beta

Exam Results Stress-motivator watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My exams results like many peoples are coming tomorrow morning (oh my) in the mail and I have already started the nervous things. Also one week til school starts again!

I have cleaned my room, cleaned everything I could, done some homework, brushed the dogs, made a meal...etc.....

Do you find exam results although stressful sometimes can be a great motivator? What crazy things have you done before getting results?

In case you wonder, I am doing Biology and Physics essays right NOW!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    My exams results like many peoples are coming tomorrow morning (oh my) in the mail and I have already started the nervous things. Also one week til school starts again!

I have cleaned my room, cleaned everything I could, done some homework, brushed the dogs, made a meal...etc.....

Do you find exam results although stressful sometimes can be a great motivator? What crazy things have you done before getting results?

excercise is the perfect stressbuster .... intense excercise tht is .... makes u forget about other things ...

ReputationRep:
    Not for results, but to avoid revising and panicking last year my very messy friend tidied up her whole room.

ReputationRep:
    last year I tidied my room two days before results! I also cleared the downstairs of the house. And I also took apart out gas BBQ and completely cleaned it out (oh the baked on filth!).

Although I did have a motive, because every year I do throw a big results party with a BBQ. Of course if I dont get the grades this year, I really don't know how keen I'll be to have people round again like i have the past 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    The tv just said that the exam results are in the post,,,,yey

ReputationRep:
    Eeek! This is getting too close for comfort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Eeek! This is getting too close for comfort.
    Are you gonna goto bed or do an allnighter?

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything to say, mind's gone totally blank - I guess I'll just sit here and squeak or something!

ReputationRep:
    "1 week til school begins"?? I go back to college on the 2nd week of September...

I spent last night doing complex maths with my module 1 scores hoping to deduce the likelihood of various results in a logical way. It just ended up with me absent mindedly writing "AAA...AAAARGH!" all over the paper...

ReputationRep:
    What results are these? GCSE?... AS/A2 don't come out till the 19th

ReputationRep:
    scottish highers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What results are these? GCSE?... AS/A2 don't come out till the 19th
    26th. they always come out on the the week after AS/A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)

the weirdest thing I've done was not before the result day but before the IGCSE chemistry exam,I WATCHED FINDING NEMO*LOL*then went stright to do chemistry paper 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    scottish highers
    And Advanced Highers and Standard Grades and Intermediate 1 and 2 and a whole load of things. Everyone's results come out on the same day in Scotland.

The only motivation I find for doing anything just now is sitting down, shaking my hands about and yelling with worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    the weirdest thing I've done was not before the result day but before the IGCSE chemistry exam,I WATCHED FINDING NEMO*LOL*then went stright to do chemistry paper 3
    CIE IGCSE results were out today and that's made me want my GCSE results even more! Still got 2 weeks and a few more days though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Are you gonna goto bed or do an allnighter?
    You must be kidding! I'm going to sleep. An allnighter would just wreck me and make me so much worse. Plus I was at summer school last week so I'm only just starting to catch up on sleep. I won't go to bed too early to save me lying awake and worrying. I'll just sit and chill and listen to Queen .

ReputationRep:
    I'll just sit and chill and listen to Queen .
    I like your thinking!

ReputationRep:
    You must be kidding! I'm going to sleep. An allnighter would just wreck me and make me so much worse. Plus I was at summer school last week so I'm only just starting to catch up on sleep. I won't go to bed too early to save me lying awake and worrying. I'll just sit and chill and listen to Queen .
    Hehe fair enough. It's just if I were waiting for post I'd never get to sleep. I don't sleep until about 4am as it is!

ReputationRep:
    Mum's told me the post has been coming about 7am recently
    I might not even bother getting out of bed for results then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

CIE IGCSE results were out today and that's made me want my GCSE results even more! Still got 2 weeks and a few more days though!
    Me 2 ,I'm waiting for my AS results,,I did IGCSE IT this year,and the results should've been out since the morning but for some hazy reason we still dont have our results,I mean I've spent the whole night keep sleeping just for couple of minutes and then waking up,and after going through all of the stress,it turned out that the marks didn't get here,or the plane t got crached and our results burned with the left ashs of the plane*LOL*what would happen if this was true,would they just send new reports???!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.