Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Nigel Farage be knighted? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If that moany scottish prick got one then definitely yes.

23rd of June should be a national holiday in celebration of independence, similar to the 4th of July in the US.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    what a ridiculous statement that means by your standards all MPs are career politicians
    You were the one who used the term, not me. I was just pointing out it applies just as much to Farage as it does to May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    If that moany scottish prick got one then definitely yes.

23rd of June should be a national holiday in celebration of independence, similar to the 4th of July in the US.
    Yes, because after causing about half the world to need their own, we really need an Independence Day.

ReputationRep:
    As a member of the support team, I have to uphold the rules and so I cannot respond to this thread in the manner I would like.

So I'm going to go all X Factor instead and say, it's a no from me.
    • Very Important Poster

what a ridiculous statement that means by your standards all MPs are career politicians
    career
    kəˈrɪə/ noun noun: career; plural noun: careers
    1. an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.

Twenty years would be enough.

Its not ridiculous at all. You can ahve a number of careers in your lifetime. It is ridiculous to say you cannot. You dont do politics just for the money.

ReputationRep:
    He is kind of a true patriot and a hero if you watch this video he has been fighting for this country for over twenty years

I mean love him or hate him, you've got to admire his ethic, his passion, his honesty. I can't think of a more important man in 2016... he won brexit and basically inspired/helped enormously with trump. 2/2 for Nigel in 2016. I think of it works out a treat which I personally think it will; he would have to get a knighthood or it'd be a travesty. Before all the remainers and brain washed show up. He is a political master!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Got a link to this story?
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3415201.html

It's ''Really British'' not very my bad. I ready a BBC article (found it on my BBC news app but not via the internet?) so some of the stuff i mentioned may not be in there... but i think it covers most of it.

''Yesterday I had three strong complaints which included people telling us they would boycott us and placard us.''
    Imagine having someone placarding the town saying not to go there and having people saying it's racist... its going to stop people going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Theresa May isn't an MEP, yet she is making the decisions, along with the Government, to progress our exit from the European Union. Is she unqualified to do so? I'm not jealous of Farage by any means, I simply find him to be one of the most unprincipled, arrogant and unreliable 'politicians' I've ever seen in the UK political spotlight. He deceives and exaggerates. The second he had an inkling Trump might win during the election, he was sucking up to him big time.
    ''The second he had an inkling Trump might win during the election, he was sucking up to him big time.''

I think he 'sucked up to him' because Trump talked about putting Britain at the front of the queue in terms of trade deals... whereas Obama said we would be put at the back of the queue.

Also Trump doesn't oppose immigration restrictions of which is supporting the similar movement of countries leaving the EU to setup their own immigration policies... the more countries that leave the better it is for Britain really.. If more started leaving the EU would likely collapse resulting in all EU countries having to exchange fair trade deals with us and everyone else who decided to leave. In the mean time they can kind of give us a poor deal to prevent anyone else thinking of leaving.

Lastly I don't think Farage thought Trump would win (nor did most)...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.