Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, guys, how is this " declaration of intentions " message?. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody.
    So I met this cute girl online.
    Met her twice, but because I am very shy with girls, nothing happened, I wanted to kiss her but couldn't bring myself to that.
    I think as a result she only sees me as a friend right now.
    Anyway I am going to send her this message ( made up names ) :

Hi Megan.
    Listen, I am going to be honest with you.
    I don't want you as a friend, and I don't want other girls, I want you.
    I think you are really cute and beautiful.
    I wanted to kiss you, and hold your hands, and tell you I think you are cute and beautiful many times during the two times we met but because of my paralyzing shyness I couldn't bring myself to do that.
    So if you only see me as a friend because I am too shy, or quiet or awkward or boring , or because you just don't want me, I totally understand that and we'll end things between us now forever.

David.

I would like some feedback please.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lol why are you giving her an ultimatum after 2 dates? She is going to ignore you if you send that. Ask her on a third date and kiss her.

ReputationRep:
    Cut these lines out:
    "I wanted to kiss you many times during the two times we met but because of my shyness I didn't have the courage to do that. So if you only want me as a friend because I am too shy, or quiet or awkward or boring , or you just don't want me, I totally understand that and we'll end things now forever.

Girls want a guy who takes control. If you say that she may feel under pressure to make something happen. Don't be shy. If you risk nothing you gain nothing.
    Don't give her that option in the last sentence.
    Yes you may get rejected, but I think removing those lines is the best way to go.
    And don't be scared of being rejected from a kiss. Happens to people all the time. If it happens just make a joke out the situation and laugh it off and its 100% not awkward at all.
    Another thing is you're admitting you have no courage and confidence. Why would a girl want to be with a guy like that? She may feel that in the future you may not do certain things she wants and the relationship would be awkward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Cut these lines out:
    "I wanted to kiss you many times during the two times we met but because of my shyness I didn't have the courage to do that. So if you only want me as a friend because I am too shy, or quiet or awkward or boring , or you just don't want me, I totally understand that and we'll end things now forever.

Girls want a guy who takes control. If you say that she may feel under pressure to make something happen. Don't be shy. If you risk nothing you gain nothing.
    Don't give her that option in the last sentence.
    Yes you may get rejected, but I think removing those lines is the best way to go.
    And don't be scared of being rejected from a kiss. Happens to people all the time. If it happens just make a joke out the situation and laugh it off and its 100% not awkward at all.
    Another thing is you're admitting you have no courage and confidence. Why would a girl want to be with a guy like that? She may feel that in the future you may not do certain things she wants and the relationship would be awkward!
    The problem is I AM shy and have low - self confidence.
    I might as well admit my weaknesses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Lol why are you giving her an ultimatum after 2 dates? She is going to ignore you if you send that. Ask her on a third date and kiss her.
    Listen the thing is this :
    If she still wants or wanted me from the beginning she will understand that I didn't " act romanitcally " because of my shyness.
    And I still have a chance with her.

If she doesn't want me or didn't want me from the beginning it's not going to matter anyway.
    That's what I am trying to find out here.

ReputationRep:
    "Declaration of intentions"

The only intention that you're declaring is that you want to fondle her.

Jesus Dave, sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    http://rs921.pbsrc.com/albums/ad52/O...5078e.gif~c200

ReputationRep:
    Also, do you think the use of the word "forever" is too dramatic?.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.