Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Three men arrested after live-streamed gang rape of Swedish woman Watch

Two men have been detained on suspicion of raping a woman in Sweden and livestreaming the harrowing attack on Facebook while a third was held on suspicion of failing to report the rape.

A 20-year-old man and an 18-year-old man, who , were arrested in the city at the weekend after police were tipped off by social media users.

A 24-year-old Swedish man has also been detained on suspicion of failing to report the rape.

According to The Local, the men have denied the allegations. Christer Söderberg, a lawyer representing the 20-year-old, said: "A woman is said to have been raped in an apartment. He is suspected of that. He denies any criminal offence, he has given in my opinion a perfectly coherent story about what happened. I cannot go into details, but he has told me in a way that is not contradicted by anything else."

Andreas Welin, the lawyer for the 24-year-old accused of failing to report the case, added: "I have seen stronger evidence in my days."

The three suspects have not been charged. According to Swedish law they cannot be identified but can be held without charges if there is a risk they may flee.

Earlier this week investigators appealed to social media users who had witnessed the attack to turn over any images from the assault to the police.

Uppsala deputy chief prosecutor Magnus Berggren said: "We have some picture and video material. But we don't have any images showing the attack itself. "

One witness, who unwittingly watched the incident, described their horror at seeing the attack on the woman on the social media site. "At first I thought it was a poorly orchestrated joke. The first thing you think is: 'How can you do such a thing to a girl? And how can you do it live?' It is totally sick."

The film has been removed from Facebook but has been circulated on the internet Mail Online reports. The 30-year-old victim has been receiving treatment in hospital.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/2-afghan-na...g-rape-1603139

Btw, due to laws in Sweden, the original article which this is based on is written in a way that seeks not to apply judgement on whether the rape occured or not, but the rape definitely did occur, as its live audience can attest to.

Did they really think they'd get away with it? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people get raped or even gang raped every day. Not exactly news is it

ReputationRep:
    What is it with these guys and social media?

(Original post by l'etranger)
    What is it with these guys and social media?
    Swedish people are big users of the internet.

(Original post by Ladbants)
    A lot of people get raped or even gang raped every day. Not exactly news is it
    Gang-raped live on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Swedish people are big users of the internet.
    Uh yeah Swedish people.

(Original post by l'etranger)
    Uh yeah Swedish people.
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Gang-raped live on facebook?
    I don't see why that makes it more news worthy. Rape is rape, nothing else

Murder is murder, nothing else. So, if a black man is killed be a KKK member, that is the same as if a black man is killed by another black man.

Murder is murder, nothing else. So if the president of the US is killed by a Hillary supporter, that is the same as if a homeless man is killed by another homeless man.

ReputationRep:
    Murder is murder, nothing else. So, if a black man is killed be a KKK member, that is the same as if a black man is killed by another black man.

Murder is murder, nothing else. So if the president of the US is killed by a Hillary supporter, that is the same as if a homeless man is killed by another homeless man.
    It's different if there is a special motivation such as the victim being in a high position or being attacked for a racial or sexist motivation. But the crime being filmed or live streamed doesn't make it any more significant or newsworthy in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Afghan migrants..

Poor Swedish women

Weak cucked White males, unwilling to defend their race

Instead calling these people "minorities" that somehow is associated with victimhood. Well they're not a minority in Afghanistan are they?

ReputationRep:
    I understand that you have an agenda of making crimes committed by apparent immigrants as unexceptional as possible, and trying to make this appear perfectly normal is part of that. However, sometimes that can make you look foolish when the incident really is newsworthy..

This incident is unusual (and newsworthy) because, if it is a crime (a) the perpetrators outed themselves by live-streaming the incident, (b) they deny it despite the video evidence and, presumably, corroboration from the victim that the sex was non-consensual (further confirming their stupidity) and (c) it adds to the exceptionally high proportion of sex crime committed in Sweden by immigrants (which is a hot topic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I understand that you have an agenda of making crimes committed by apparent immigrants as unexceptional as possible, and trying to make this appear perfectly normal is part of that. However, sometimes that can make you look foolish when the incident really is newsworthy..

This incident is unusual (and newsworthy) because, if it is a crime (a) the perpetrators outed themselves by live-streaming the incident, (b) they deny it despite the video evidence and, presumably, corroboration from the victim that the sex was non-consensual (further confirming their stupidity) and (c) it adds to the exceptionally high proportion of sex crime committed in Sweden by immigrants (which is a hot topic).
    I don't know what you're on about with the "agenda" but I'll ignore that. The fact is that it's not really newsworthy when rape is such a common crime- live streaming it adds nothing to the crime. And we have no evidence as to whether the crime was committed by immigrants or not- we don't know the identities of the attackers.

ReputationRep:
    Afghans apparently, not 100% certain but it would be a surprise if theses animals were not Muslim immigrants.

Another woman betrayed by the European left.

ReputationRep:
    The fact is that it's not really newsworthy when rape is such a common crime- live streaming it adds nothing to the crime.
    On the contrary, it is the live-streaming that makes it extra-newsworthy. How many such self-televised rapes have there been? I have never heard of one before.

In any case, all crime is newsworthy. Have you never read you local newspaper? The more sensational and serious, the further afield it will be newsworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Afghans apparently, not 100% certain but it would be a surprise if theses animals were not Muslim immigrants.

Another woman betrayed by the European left.
    We don't know the identities of the attackers- no evidence whatsoever that they were immigrants.

We don't know the identities of the attackers- no evidence whatsoever that they were immigrants.
    No point arguing with them, since the perpetrators were brown, they see them as immigrants, whether or not they are citizens. They could be tenth generation christian immigrants from Syria, and they'd still refuse to call them Swedish citizens.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't most rapes in Sweden committed by Muslim immigrants?

ReputationRep:
    I have the identities of the attackers since they did stream it. Their Facebook profiles say they are Armenian two of whom have the same surname, possibly brothers which would explain the age differences among the group.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.