Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a 17yr old male and studying 3 A-Levels.

My school week consists of
    Monday - In school from 11-11:20
    Tuesday - Day off
    Wednesday - 9:00-15:00
    Thursday - day off
    Friday - 9:00-13:20

As you can tell, I have so much free time, i'm only at school when I need to be, so to fill up my spare days i've been looking around for some part time jobs in my area. I dont exactly have an awful lot of work to do with thse 3 A-levels so i want something else to keep me busy.

I'm not the most DIY savvy of people but I've applied for the customer advisor - checkouts and my local b&q on many occaisons. However, i always seem to be unsuccessful in my application.

I have no idea why, i'm able to work the hours they advertise, I put all my times down that i'm able to work, it matches their requirements yet I never hapoen to be successful..

Are there any 17yr old males who work at b&q here? And how easy was it to get a job there? Maybe its time i looked elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarethD99)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a 17yr old male and studying 3 A-Levels.

My school week consists of
    Monday - In school from 11-11:20
    Tuesday - Day off
    Wednesday - 9:00-15:00
    Thursday - day off
    Friday - 9:00-13:20

As you can tell, I have so much free time, i'm only at school when I need to be, so to fill up my spare days i've been looking around for some part time jobs in my area. I dont exactly have an awful lot of work to do with thse 3 A-levels so i want something else to keep me busy.

I'm not the most DIY savvy of people but I've applied for the customer advisor - checkouts and my local b&q on many occaisons. However, i always seem to be unsuccessful in my application.

I have no idea why, i'm able to work the hours they advertise, I put all my times down that i'm able to work, it matches their requirements yet I never hapoen to be successful..

Are there any 17yr old males who work at b&q here? And how easy was it to get a job there? Maybe its time i looked elsewhere.
    How about applying for other places rather than just b and q.
    Look on websites such as indeed.com.
    Also some places require you too apply online- such as asda, tesco, sainsburys, mcdonalds, lidl etc so look on the careers bit on their websites.
    Some places also have vacancies in their windows, so look out for those.
    And try handing your CV out to places that will accept them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.