Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR's best threads of all time Watch

ReputationRep:
    I first started lurking on this site in 2009 for A-Level revision. I didn't use the non-academic side of it much until I began uni in 2011. My account was created shortly after. Over the years I've seen some fantastic, hilarious, sad and thoughtful discussion across a whole range of topics. I've had so much fun recently reading back through some of my favourite threads over the years.

I've seen many users come and go, some from my early days are still here...

The idea of this thread is just to share threads which you've found entertaining or otherwise worthy of re-visiting.

I'll get the ball rolling with these 2...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1834823

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1623047
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I like this one and it's still active :lol:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content

ReputationRep:
    Great discussion on how to transport a dildo to uni:

(Original post by UWS)
    I like this one and it's still active :lol:

You don't sleep do you?

ReputationRep:
    can't remember the link, but some years ago this lad posted a thread using the Anonymous function about a girl in his friendship group that had a crush on him, but he said he wasn't interested in her and all he wanted was sex. He also said the friendship group was all going on holiday together soon to a place [i can't remember where] and he was asking for advice on how to have sex with her...

well, unfortunately for him he included a little too much details about himself/the situation ....and one girl in the friendship group came across the thread and worked out it was him. Sh*t hit the fan, fireworks ensued ...and the guy ended up loosing all his friends and the holiday cancelled.

It was pretty funny.

biggest Anon fail i've seen on here.

Spoiler:
    Show

people here think they're safe posting behind Anonymous ....almost like a member of Anonymous.. but you're not. Unless you are being really quite vauge in what you write and/or deliberately altering minor key details ...then if that person should happen to stumble upon your post, there's every chance they'll be able to figure out it's about them,and also who wrote it

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    can't remember the link, but some years ago this lad posted a thread using the Anonymous function about a girl in his friendship group that he had a crush on him, but he said he wasn't interested in her and all he wanted was sex. He also said the friendship group was all going on holiday together soon to a place [i can't remember where] and he was asking for advice on how to have sex with her...

well, unfortunately for him he included a little too much details about himself/the situation ....and one girl in the friendship group came across the thread and worked out it was him. Sh*t hit the fan, fireworks ensued ...and the guy ended up loosing all his friends and the holiday cancelled.

It was pretty funny.

Spoiler:
    Show

people here think they're safe posting behind Anonymous ....almost like a member of Anonymous.. but you're not. Unless you are being really quite vauge in what you write and/or deliberately altering minor key details ...then if that person should happen to stumble upon your post, there's every chance they'll be able to figure out it's about them,and also who wrote it

I always miss the drama-filled threads

That sort of thread would be deleted these days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    can't remember the link, but some years ago this lad posted a thread using the Anonymous function about a girl in his friendship group that had a crush on him, but he said he wasn't interested in her and all he wanted was sex. He also said the friendship group was all going on holiday together soon to a place [i can't remember where] and he was asking for advice on how to have sex with her...

It was pretty funny.

Spoiler:
    Show

Biggest anon fail I've ever seen was awesome genius pretending to be his own gf.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Biggest anon fail I've ever seen was awesome genius pretending to be his own gf.
    That's so ****ing sad, tbh that's the closest to a girlfriend he'll have

Reminds me of another user who'll probably end up being a wife beater
    @Zargabaath u kno :shh::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    What more could you expect from such a person? :lol:
    Mummy issues and too much money, Elliot Rogers in the making

(Original post by serah.exe)
    That's so ****ing sad, tbh that's the closest to a girlfriend he'll have

Reminds me of another user who'll probably end up being a wife beater
    @Zargabaath u kno :shh::rofl:

lmfaoooooooooo
    both str8 to the arranged marriage bin innit :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, on the first quoted thread by the OP, there's a response from Bill_Gates with 446 reps. You don't see many of those!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    lmfaoooooooooo
    both str8 to the arranged marriage bin innit :rofl:
    PRSOM :toofunny:
    tfw can't find ur 4chan wife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    PRSOM :toofunny:
    tfw can't find ur 4chan wife
    there's a board for that, they're all western kaffir degenerates though :c
    /soc/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    there's a board for that, they're all western kaffir degenerates though :c
    /soc/
    why. why did I click on that

ReputationRep:
    why. why did I click on that
    let's get some meetups going on that kik thread, invite them to the GC :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by kkboyk)
    Great discussion on how to transport a dildo to uni:
    "carry it in ur vagina"

best advice ever, may come in handy

ReputationRep:
    ISA's Mermaid Theory:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1698041

Sausage on stairs:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...&x=-443&y=-536

20s Social Groups :moon:

ReputationRep:
    what? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    what? :rofl:
    yeah he made another account and then anon failed. was hilarious, about 3 of us saw him and he edited the post, but it was already quoted by us so he then requested a mod to close the thread, which they didn't...

ReputationRep:
    yeah he made another account and then anon failed. was hilarious, about 3 of us saw him and he edited the post, but it was already quoted by us so he then requested a mod to close the thread, which they didn't...
    Holyshit that is beautiful, so the thread still exists? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    for the lovers of art:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2000796

ReputationRep:
    No thread of star threads is complete without "I'm being followed by a seagull".

161 reps to date.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1921751

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.