Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

German girl jailed for knife attack in Hanover Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demaistre)
    No, no it bloody wouldn't what are you on about? I wouldn't be Japanese, I'd be British with a slip of paper saying I was 'Japanese'.
    And you would no longer have your British citizenship.

ReputationRep:
    I was joking mate, I was mocking the typical lefty response to calls for greater integration.
    i have Asperger's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    And you would no longer have your British citizenship.
    If you think all belonging to a nation is about is a slip of paper... then you are very very naive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    i have Asperger's.
    Fair enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you think all belonging to a nation is about is a slip of paper... then you are very very naive.
    Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    She is a citizen of Germany. Hence she is German. Why the quote marks?
    citizenship =/= ethnicity.

German people are European.

ReputationRep:
    Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular country.
    She obviously didn't belong did she?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    She obviously didn't belong did she?
    Belong simply means to be a member of. (a certain country)

ReputationRep:
    Belong simply means to be a member of. (a certain country)
    In your worldview belonging to a nation seems to be such a lacklustre concept that it is utterly devoid of any tangible meaning.

ReputationRep:
    In your worldview belonging to a nation seems to be such a lacklustre concept that it is utterly devoid of any tangible meaning.
    You just want to fight the fact that she is German, by offering alternative facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    A girl aged 16 has been jailed by a German court for six years

The girl, who was 15 at the time, stabbed and seriously wounded a police officer at the central station in Hanover.

Prosecutors described the attack as ordered and supervised by a terrorist organisation.

She was convicted of attempted murder and helping a terrorist organisation.
    The girl, described as , was also found guilty of grievous bodily harm. Her defence had called for her to be cleared of the other charges and given a lesser sentence.

Most of the case was heard behind closed doors at the regional court in Celle
    A 20 year-old man, , was jailed for two and a half years on Thursday because he knew of the planned attack but failed to alert authorities.

The girl stabbed the 34-year-old policeman on 26 February last year. Although her mother brought her back she kept in touch with the group over the internet.

CCTV footage showed her staring at two police officers. When they asked to see her identity card she lunged at one of them with a knife.

Under German privacy laws, defendants' surnames are not publicised. The case at Celle regional court was heard behind closed doors.

Police in Hanover are also investigating a suspected plot to target an international football friendly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38757039
    She is not in anyway German, don't be ridiculous

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.