Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me or is the 'friendzone' retarded ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Latley a lot of people have been saying if a girl says 'awww' it mean your in the frienzone, that actually makes me laugh, as it is just one word, not only that you dont know the full situation.

Surely couples say 'awww' does that mean their in the friendzone, but wait there in a relationship. Now the friendzone is where the girl actually rejects the guy or vice versa. So technically she may not want a friendship but wants to keep her distance from you ?

So if thats the case why cant one move on and find a girl or guy who will accept you and eventually love you for who you are ?

Another thing is guys and girls can actually be friends, yes it does happen.

So is the friendzone just an immature way to reject someone ?

ReputationRep:
    i have never heard of a bloke f/z ing a chick... it's always the other way round :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    [i] Another thing is guys and girls can actually be friends, yes it does happen.

[ii] So is the friendzone just an immature way to reject someone ?
    [i] True, you'll see friends. I think I get along very well with females, that because I choose to. Depends on the mindset of the person. That being said, feelings will always be there no matter what - so you aint truly on levels for a friendship to work. It never has, and it never will.

[ii] It's a really childish concept, doubt people get friend zoned. You can turn down any advancements and let them know what position they are at in your life atm. I agree with you wholeheartedly that there's someone out there for everyone and eventually you'll find that person who loves you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i have never heard of a bloke f/z ing a chick... it's always the other way round :dontknow:
    I've done it quite a few times...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just a meme tbh, it's not actually 'real' but there is a situation where someone will just prefer to be friends with someone rather than date them. Yes, it is a rejection but friend zone is just a lighter way to say it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I think it's just a meme tbh, it's not actually 'real' but there is a situation where someone will just prefer to be friends with someone rather than date them. Yes, it is a rejection but friend zone is just a lighter way to say it :lol:
    Lol that person can still move on and find someone who wants to be with them, still defeats the purpose of the friendzone. I know what you mean though lol

ReputationRep:
    Ive told someone im married lol. I guess you can call that the marriage zone.

ReputationRep:
    I think girls are friendzoned. The reason it's less common is probably because the do less asking out and are on average a bit saner in their reaction when rejected.

ReputationRep:

It's happened to me several times.

I don't call it friend zoning though because it comes across as bitter, they simply didn't like me back. Which is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    It's happened to me several times.

I don't call it friend zoning though because it comes across as bitter, they simply didn't like me back. Which is fine.
    My point exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've done it. Twice actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    I've done it quite a few times...
    (Original post by Kravence)
    I've done it. Twice actually

same.

ReputationRep:
    Well, some girls (aka me) are stupid enough to not realise that the guy wants something more than friendship that they want.
    I have friendzoned few guys and none of that was on purpose, I genuinely did not realise they were falling in love with me.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to the awww fact, the only version of the "awww = friendzone" argument is when you effectively spill yer guts out indirectly declaring your love for a girl and then she just goes "awww thanks" she doesn't wanna date you. Which is pretty realistic. Haven't heard of something like that actually happening to somebody since I was 12 or something tho.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ngl I don't think that many people take the concept 'seriously' and just use it as a bit of a joke term, as I do.

Of course the friendzone is a ******** concept; if someone doesn't love you, they're never going to regardless of whether you end up being their friend or not; it's irrelevant.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Nottie)
    Well, some girls (aka me) are stupid enough to not realise that the guy wants something more than friendship that they want.
    I have friendzoned few guys and none of that was on purpose, I genuinely did not realise they were falling in love with me.
    Basically this is my life.

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as the friendzone

I think this summarises it well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Basically this is my life.
    Yepp....and then you wonder why you don't have friends once they find themselves a girlfriend
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Nottie)
    Yepp....and then you wonder why you don't have friends once they find themselves a girlfriend
    Yep, I always used to wonder why the hell they would stop talking to me once they got a girl. Also I find it so confusing when they're like "rememeber when you rejected me??" Like....uh no?

ReputationRep:
    Someone that got friend-zoned would say something like that...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.