Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I received a conditional offer to study history at Cambridge but am currently finding A2 difficult with the increased workload and pressure, and so was wondering if it would be possible for me to take a gap year? I didn't apply for deferred entry with my original application, is it too late? Has anyone else had the same problem? Thank you in advance!!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akaJELLYBEANx)
    Hi! I received a conditional offer to study history at Cambridge but am currently finding A2 difficult with the increased workload and pressure, and so was wondering if it would be possible for me to take a gap year? I didn't apply for deferred entry with my original application, is it too late? Has anyone else had the same problem? Thank you in advance!!
    No it's not necessarily too late. Contact your college and ask them. It's much better to do it now rather than on Results Day.

BUT deferring won't allow you to extend the time to complete your A-levels. They will still expect that to be done in the normal 2 year period. Also it's worth noting that the workload at Cambridge is likely to be greater than your A2 workload...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.