The Student Room Group

co-ed vs single sex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i went to an all girls school, simply because it was the nearest to me, and tbh i hated it first cs everyone else around me told me it was a bad thing, but now i think about it, im quite glad i did go because being in an all girls environment made me confident and let me do things i would be too shy to do around boys.
Original post by yudothis
And why is that frostyy?

because I disagree with your probable parenting procedures
Original post by frostyy
because I disagree with your probable parenting procedures

And a disagreement evokes such an extreme response?
And a disagreement evokes such an extreme response?

the scale of the disagreement is proportional to the response, but you can stop with your wannabe teacher rhetorics now. good day.
Original post by frostyy
the scale of the disagreement is proportional to the response, but you can stop with your wannabe teacher rhetorics now. good day.

I have no intention of being a teacher. Possible your attitude elicits such a response for people, who knows.
I have no intention of being a teacher. Possible your attitude elicits such a response for people, who knows.

perhaps your children will have a different attitude : ) you know, after you lock them up in cages
Original post by frostyy
perhaps your children will have a different attitude : ) you know, after you lock them up in cages

Yea, totally.
I thought only private schools were single sex? :confused:

I don't think I would have survived at a single sex school. :tongue: If the only folk in my year had been the girls, I'd probably be doing time for attempted murder. :tongue:
I couldn’t really say which was better as I haven’t experienced co-ed at secondary level. I am finishing my final of 7 years at an all girls school, and haven’t had any problems with it, it’s been a fairly relaxed environment socially (quite a lot of academic pressure sometimes though). My decision to attend the school was not due to it being single-sex, it was because as a Grammar school, it theoretically was the best nearby option for me in terms of educational standards. (Not that I think grammar school always provides better education).
The only (fairly minor) issue I have is I get nervous about going to university and talking to and/or sharing accommodation with guys, since I haven’t spoken to one my age in 7 years 😂. I think this is a common worry for most people moving to university though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending