Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would it be easier if I did an access course before i do Graduate Medicine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing an access course at college in medicine/dentistry as I only have a 1st Class degree in Business with Economics BSc and A level BCD in bio, maths and physics including C in chem at AS level however achieved all A's a GCSE because whilst being at college i suffered from depression looking after two members dying of cancer becoming their main carers. I regret this time of my life because I always wanted to pursue medicine but was overwhelmed at that time.

I graduated working as an analyst for prestigious financial firms with amazing salary and prospects however felt deeply sad knowing I did not chase my dream. So i quit my job and started to work in Nursery for a while as well as working with foster children more which I have been doing for nearly 7 years and caring for homeless young men suffering from mental illness at a hostel.

I just enrolled onto an access course aswell and was thinking would this help towards my application and would I have any chance in the first place with the achievements I already got.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you have a first class BSc what's stopping you from applying to GEPs which are open to non-science graduates?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people who are graduates, and hold a degree with an AMAZING classification, would waste time and money on access courses?

Despite not having a life science/science degree you would still be eligible for GEM courses!

Do your research and contact unis individually to get confirmation, if you wish.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.