Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for 2017 entry to study geography but cant chose between Leeds or Exeter. like both but have doubts about both too

Does Leeds have a drug culture?? i dont mind being around them, but i refuse to take them. if everyone is on md, acid etc., i dont want to feel outside of a group because of me not taking drugs

Is Exeter full of self-entitled posh c****? I hate people believing they are better than others because of what they have, who they know or what their parents do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benpr)
    Got my offer for 2017 entry to study geography but cant chose between Leeds or Exeter. like both but have doubts about both too

Does Leeds have a drug culture?? i dont mind being around them, but i refuse to take them. if everyone is on md, acid etc., i dont want to feel outside of a group because of me not taking drugs

Is Exeter full of self-entitled posh c****? I hate people believing they are better than others because of what they have, who they know or what their parents do.
    There isn't a drug culture. I do know a number of people who do take them, but they never pressure anyone to take them. I was stuck between Leeds and Exeter too. I chose Leeds at the end because of the prevalence of financial services firms in the city (I want to work in that industry), the amazing nightlife, and the people are just generally nicer. Exeter is meh. The city is nice but it's smaller, and less variety imo. Also, it's more expensive and the atmosphere there wasn't as 'nice' when I went there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustAGeogStudent)
    There isn't a drug culture. I do know a number of people who do take them, but they never pressure anyone to take them. I was stuck between Leeds and Exeter too. I chose Leeds at the end because of the prevalence of financial services firms in the city (I want to work in that industry), the amazing nightlife, and the people are just generally nicer. Exeter is meh. The city is nice but it's smaller, and less variety imo. Also, it's more expensive and the atmosphere there wasn't as 'nice' when I went there.
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is known generally as having a drugs culture, and as a bigger city it's more likely to be the case anyway.

Easily avoided though because of the size of the uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.