Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ooh this all sounds so interesting! I've just had to drop out of uni because of my mental health and I'm thinking of reapplying to study mental health nursing next year (2018 entry) but the thing I worry about (worrys the wrong word I think) is that it'll be a lot of giving medication to patients and not a lot else? Like I want to be more involved in a therapy side of things? I always wanted to be a clinical psychologist or study post grad medicine so maybe psychology would be better for me, but at the same time I like the idea of it being more hands on with placements and stuff in the undergrad stuff if that makes sense? So so you do things like therapy based stuff or not? Bevjse I know someone who said that they basically restrained patients and IM'd them on their placements and that was it - it sounds nothing like what you've done with tribunal reports and CBT stuff which is much more what I want to do! Sorry for loads of questions s and probably a really rambled post :')

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're feeling better now. Its more than just doing meds, i work in forensic inpatients, you get less 'therapy' time than i'd actually like. Support workers get to spend more time with the patients than nurses as we always have a million other things to. I do however dedicate time to patients (ones who i have a good relationship with) and we get to talk about stuff. But it is a massive job.. restraint and im'ing is a part of it. Whilst on placement you shouldnt be restraining patients.. we're not insured to do so as students. I do managers hearing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.