Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does being an adult virgin mean you're ugly or a loser? Watch

I'm 22 and I'm still virgin but I don't know wherever it's a good thing or a bad thing. My self-esteem is low due bullying and getting told by girls that they'd never want to with me. I've got no problem with girls not wanting to be with me since you don't choose who you're attractive but sometimes they say it to you so they make you feel bad.

I don't consider it as a good thing but I'd much rather lose it with someone that I love. If ever end up having sex with someone (who obviously had sex before) will it put her off if I told I was still virgin?

Why are most adult virgins are stereotyped to ugly, hairy, anti-social, play video games and love anything nerdy? There's nothing wrong with liking that sort of stuff but what should wrong is why people use he word 'virgin' on someone as way to shame them? Like everyday me and my 19 year old brother get into an argument, when he losing he just yells "virgin virgin virgin boy, ha you're still a virgin" or "at least I lost mine at 17".

So feel free to comment your honest opinion about adult virgins, would you sleep with a virgin and what causes them to still remain a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    If you rush into it you'll regret it, no one else needs to know and do not just sleep with the next person you get attention from. It's normal, 22 isn't old, you'd be surprised how late some pretty good looking women and men lost their virginity so don't worry about it too much. All in good time.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 22 and I'm still virgin but I don't know wherever it's a good thing or a bad thing. My self-esteem is low due bullying and getting told by girls that they'd never want to with me. I've got no problem with girls not wanting to be with me since you don't choose who you're attractive but sometimes they say it to you so they make you feel bad.

I don't consider it as a good thing but I'd much rather lose it with someone that I love. If ever end up having sex with someone (who obviously had sex before) will it put her off if I told I was still virgin?

Why are most adult virgins are stereotyped to ugly, hairy, anti-social, play video games and love anything nerdy? There's nothing wrong with liking that sort of stuff but what should wrong is why people use he word 'virgin' on someone as way to shame them? Like everyday me and my 19 year old brother get into an argument, when he losing he just yells "virgin virgin virgin boy, ha you're still a virgin" or "at least I lost mine at 17".

So feel free to comment your honest opinion about adult virgins, would you sleep with a virgin and what causes them to still remain a virgin.
    Honestly its fine. I wouldnt make too much of it. Some people value it, some people make a big thing of it, others it has very little value. People cna be very immature about it or use it to bully others about.

Your issue seems to be that you have low self esteem. If you go that sorted out then you would worry less about what people think and just generally.

1. Yes.
    2. They arent successful at dating and forming relationships, they dont make the effor, they arent interested, they arent ready. Some people prefer to wait for the right person, others dont care.

A lot of people are so self obsessed, they will try to convince themselves that they are better than someone else anyway they can. Calling someone as virgin in a bad way is just one way of doing this. People also do this to people with skin conditions and hair loss, because they feel like telling the person that they have something like this (Even though they are obviously aware) will make the person think less of themselves, making the other persons feel like they are better them.

Chin up bro, people are arseh**es.

ReputationRep:

Another stereotype is being religious and people not being allowed to lose their virginity until they are married.

Nah don't think it really means anything, I'm a 20 year old virgin and right now I really don't care. I don't think I'm that good looking, my friends tell me otherwise, I also have quite a few friends, people say I'm funny etc I do nerdy stuff but I wouldn't say that detracts anything. The farthest I've gotten is making out and grinding with a girl in a club and when that happened I don't even know what was going on in my head it was like a one off. My brother does that to me too and I honestly just laugh, it doesn't affect me anyhow and I pity him for thinking it's an insult when it really isn't and just shows that he himself is really insecure.

Nah don't think it really means anything, I'm a 20 year old virgin and right now I really don't care. I don't think I'm that good looking, my friends tell me otherwise, I also have quite a few friends, people say I'm funny etc I do nerdy stuff but I wouldn't say that detracts anything. The farthest I've gotten is making out and grinding with a girl in a club and when that happened I don't even know what was going on in my head it was like a one off. My brother does that to me too and I honestly just laugh, it doesn't affect me anyhow and I pity him for thinking it's an insult when it really isn't and just shows that he himself is really insecure.

Same here mate the furthers I went was grind with a few girls and a snog. It felt so good not gunna lie.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.