Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus loves U)
    Why do you want to know what Uni I attended?
    i was asking manlyksev!!!! because i loove his music taste xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daaaaaisy)
    i was asking manlyksev!!!! because i loove his music taste xx
    Do you think it's weird that we are currently behind a screen communicating by typing with black ink to get our message across?

Is this normal, does this make me us social weirdos!

I need to know.:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesus loves U)
    Do you think it's weird that we are currently behind a screen communicating by typing with black ink to get our message across?

Is this normal, does this make me us social weirdos!

I need to know.:fuhrer:
    ahaha proper social weirdos!!! friday night!! only way to talk to our friends is like this lol x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    I don't drink. I don't dance.What's in it for me? :hide:
    Hello Brainy Bengali,

Fresher's Week is great even without drinking or dancing!
    I am not a party animal but I made so many friends in my first week of uni

I joined societies and sports I got to try climbing and zumba! I made friends with my flatmates in the halls just hanging in the kitchen and I met my bestfriend just queuing in the canteen of the university.

The beauty of freshers week is that there are plenty of opportunities for every taste! There are shisha nights, international food fairs, outdoor cinema, arcade nights and trips in central London.

If you are worried think that there are loads of people with your same interests!

Let me know if you have any questions
    Ludovica

ReputationRep:
    Free pens from all the stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons1990)
    Free pens from all the stands.
    The best.

ReputationRep:
    Most unis also organize non-drinking socials (comedy nights, movie nights, stuff like that). Also freshers week is when you'll sign up for and get to attend free tasters for societies you want to try out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainyBengali)
    I'm a religious Muslim, so I doubt the same'll happen to me

I'm hoping to make some real good friends quickly, as while it's possible to make friends after freshers, everyone will have still formed small groups eventually. It's only natural, as I will. Some people who go out sometimes but don't mind a quiet night in watching films, eating junk whilst staying super fit with sport and with common interests. [Impossible, I know :argh:]

Events-wise, I'm looking forward to anything really - competitions, FREEBIES :excited:and sport all sound appealing. I'll hope to get my confidence up and start my first offical convo with a real-life girl ( All-boys school & Sixth-form didn't help)

Meh.
    Sounds fun to me, hopefully we will both find some like minded people. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.