Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing AS French and I can understand French relatively well, but I just don't have the confidence to speak it. I find it impossible to speak French in class and obviously this is impacting my grade and I need an A! Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie.cerys)
    Im doing AS French and I can understand French relatively well, but I just don't have the confidence to speak it. I find it impossible to speak French in class and obviously this is impacting my grade and I need an A! Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Practice at home, in front of a mirror.
    Listen to yourself speaking (record your self) and try to correct your mispronunciations.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I did AS French last year! I can understand your lack of confidence, remember a few things:
    1 - Everyone is learning, everyone is improving, nobody is judging! Speak some out loud to a teacher, get them to check your pronunciation!
    2 - For help with pronunciation, try www,memrise.com and find vocab for your course!
    Also you can always put a word into Google Translate and get it to speak it back to you (memrise is more accurate tho )
    3 - Going to France always helps, if at all possible. Listening to radio/watching French films/TV programmes too! I can recommend some if you like
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the less scary things you can do to improve your French speaking is to organise a "French table" at the school canteen - everyone who sits at this table has to communicate in French. It's a completely non competitive, collaborative, activity as everybody helps each other - it really helps to build up fluency and confidence. If you can manage to do this every day of the week, about ten to fifteen minutes at a time, you'll see that your oral French improves a huge amount.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anna Schoon)
    One of the less scary things you can do to improve your French speaking is to organise a "French table" at the school canteen - everyone who sits at this table has to communicate in French. It's a completely non competitive, collaborative, activity as everybody helps each other - it really helps to build up fluency and confidence. If you can manage to do this every day of the week, about ten to fifteen minutes at a time, you'll see that your oral French improves a huge amount.
    I did this with some classmates! But we went to costa instead! :mmm:
    Good shout!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.