stuck between choosing A levels or IB

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost done with my IGCSE 10 and my grade are decent, with nearly six A 's , a B and a C in english(i'm not that good).However, I'm willing to make that extra effort next year.I really want to pursue IB ,but i heard that it is time intensive and therefore i want to know the no of hours of study it requires, the minimum grades in IGCSE so that i wouldn't really succumb to pressure, the daily routine and study plans to be able to excel in IB and i am IB ready .I know that i am asking for too much but please help me as soon as possible .thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John.Chunduru)
    I'm almost done with my IGCSE 10 and my grade are decent, with nearly six A 's , a B and a C in english(i'm not that good).However, I'm willing to make that extra effort next year.I really want to pursue IB ,but i heard that it is time intensive and therefore i want to know the no of hours of study it requires, the minimum grades in IGCSE so that i wouldn't really succumb to pressure, the daily routine and study plans to be able to excel in IB and i am IB ready .I know that i am asking for too much but please help me as soon as possible .thank you so much
    Stick to A-levels. You do the subjects you like and want to do. IB is for people who are good at everything (especially English) and as you take 6 subjects the career prospects vary. Universities consider the IB on the condition that you take certain subjects on higher levels. You might aswell do an A-level, then an EPQ as the IB will require you to do a 5,000 word essay etc And you aren't good at englishes.
    Also with IB you need to take a language? Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    Stick to A-levels. You do the subjects you like and want to do. IB is for people who are good at everything (especially English) and as you take 6 subjects the career prospects vary. Universities consider the IB on the condition that you take certain subjects on higher levels. You might aswell do an A-level, then an EPQ as the IB will require you to do a 5,000 word essay etc And you aren't good at englishes.
    Also with IB you need to take a language? Not sure.
    I'm willing to read a lot of books and what i know is that i'm determined to do anything.and for the other language i want to do french and in igcse im getting so close to an A*,so close.
    And another thing i want to share is that till now i have never finished the syllabus of any subject completely ,for example i have 27 chapters in economics and till now i only read like the first 6 chapters and this happens for almost each and every subject but i still manage to get an A against my school's threshold.

ReputationRep:
    I'm willing to read a lot of books and what i know is that i'm determined to do anything.and for the other language i want to do french and in igcse im getting so close to an A*,so close.
    And another thing i want to share is that till now i have never finished the syllabus of any subject completely ,for example i have 27 chapters in economics and till now i only read like the first 6 chapters and this happens for almost each and every subject but i still manage to get an A against my school's threshold.
    So then. There's your answer. Do an IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    So then. There's your answer. Do an IB
    But i'm scared about making the wrong decision.when i compare my marks to the igcse official threshold ,apparently i got all A*'s except for english where i pulled of an A ,so what must i do.thanks

ReputationRep:
    But i'm scared about making the wrong decision.when i compare my marks to the igcse official threshold ,apparently i got all A*'s except for english where i pulled of an A ,so what must i do.thanks
    Do an IB if you want to. I think A-levels are better in the idea that they are specialized

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 26, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
Should you wait six months before applying for a graduate job?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.