Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No, we are a vile species.

also don't understand how you can be proud of something you were born into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    I don't even like the smell of bananas, so I have never done such a foul act of 50% cannibalism.
    I guess it's just me then.

ReputationRep:
    you should be proud of Gods creation because he created you. He thought about the good things for your life; past, present and future. that is why I am proud to be a human!

ReputationRep:
    No, but I'm happy that I have more freedom than mere bacteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latifa1502)
    you should be proud of Gods creation because he created you. He thought about the good things for your life; past, present and future. that is why I am proud to be a human!
    What about the people that don't believe in a God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    What about the people that don't believe in a God?
    your right but maybe everyone should be proud of who they are no matter how hard or good your life is. since I am religious and I thought about it from my perspective I thought it about believing in God.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd rather be a rabbit, cat or cheetah

ReputationRep:
    Id rather be a cheese sandwich

ReputationRep:
    no i wish i was a dog

ReputationRep:
    Not "proud", but definitely happy I lucked out species wise, as well as time wise. Though, life will probably be better in the future so maybe we're not that lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    How can anyone be proud of being human? There are no species they are made up by humans to divide us. We share 85% of our DNA with fish. Hell, we share 50% with a banana. I will stand in solidarity with you half brother banana. /leftymode
    so the fact that different species can't reproduce with each other is something's that's been made up has it, instead of it being biological fact?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chúpamela porfi)
    so the fact that different species can't reproduce with each other is something's that's been made up has it, instead of it being biological fact?
    Putting aside the fact I was clearly referencing leftist idiots and their views on being proud of your nationality for example, however some different species can reproduce with each other. For instance lions and tigers whose offspring, ligers, are not sterile.

ReputationRep:
    You're a tree though, not a human

ReputationRep:
    what did you call me?!

ReputationRep:
    Putting aside the fact I was clearly referencing leftist idiots and their views on being proud of your nationality for example, however some different species can reproduce with each other. For instance lions and tigers whose offspring, ligers, are not sterile.
    Because they are very closely related, just as different dog breeds. But the fact most species can't clearly points to the fact that species are very real and not some arbitrary divisions humans have made up
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Because they are very closely related, just as different dog breeds. But the fact most species can't clearly points to the fact that species are very real and not some arbitrary divisions humans have made up
    Except dogs are not different species, unlike lions and tigers. :dunce: anyway this is stupid given I've already explained my first post was tongue in cheek.

ReputationRep:
    Except dogs are not different species, unlike lions and tigers. :dunce: anyway this is stupid given I've already explained my first post was tongue in cheek.
    yh but very closely related and not all lions and tigers can mate but most species cant proving theyr biologically incompatible and that species are very real :dunce:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    yh but very closely related and not all lions and tigers can mate but most species cant proving theyr biologically incompatible and that species are very real :dunce:
    Don't be speciesist.

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
      I'm so proud to be a Vulpix :proud: I don't wanna evolve to a Ninetales :cry:
      Whats wrong with Tails?

Anyway im not particularly proud to be a human. I still ocasionally have to scratch my arse and fart just like other creatures. At least I do use soap to wash my scrotum tho. Dont dogs just lick their bollux?

ReputationRep:
      Meh. I'm not a dung beetle so I guess I'll survive a bit more homework...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.