The Student Room Group

GCSE RE edexcel students - please can you look over/grade this???

So I need my marks double checking for this piece I've written, anyone who's familiar with the ABCD structure (particularly with Christianity and Islam), please can you tell me how many marks you think this practice D answer that I've written would get? With absolute honesty and from an objective point of view? I'd really appreciate anyone who knows their stuff to help :smile:.

'Reform is the best punishment'
Give reasons for your opinion and reasons why someone may disagree (6)

"I disagree with the statement because I think there are better and more effective punishments than this, e.g. retribution has the highest success rate when it comes to stopping criminals from reoffending in the future. Also, criminals may pretend to be reformed and then there is no certain way of knowing the punishment has been effective, which may then consequently lead to lack of decent measures being taken to stop these dangerous people from going out and reoffending in the future.

Someone may disagree with me because Jesus has been said to have taught reform was the best way, so a different Christian could perceive this teaching as more important and therefore may agree with this religious leader. Also, Jesus said an eye for an eye was wrong, so as he doesn't agree with capital punishment, reform may be the next best thing to minimise crimes committed in society. Also, it is a simple and cheap way to reduce the amount committed in general and leaves the British government with more economic stability and money to use elsewhere."

How many out of six do you think this answer would get? Thank you so much in advance!
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Reply 2
4. You need a religious argument and personal to get 6.
As long as you have 6 strong points it should be fine. Learn the vocab and include quotes to back up your answers
Have a look at the edexcel website for past papers and also this thread on tsr may help you https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4476372

Quick Reply

Latest