Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What ideas can you give/provide for a Science Committee? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am currently in a Science Committee in my school and I need ideas of what I and the committee can do together as we just don't get anything done due to it being the worst committee ever! (Well in my school it is). So if you have any ideas, please can you give them to me as it would be really helpful.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan Abubacar)
    Hi guys,

I am currently in a Science Committee in my school and I need ideas of what I and the committee can do together as we just don't get anything done due to it being the worst committee ever! (Well in my school it is). So if you have any ideas, please can you give them to me as it would be really helpful.

Thanks
    What does it exist for and what sort of thing are you trying to do? Activities for younger students? Posters and awareness about careers etc? Just a social thing? Or a mix! If you don't know the best place to start would probably have a meeting all together and make a facebook group or similar where you organise stuff or whatever. Communication can be the hardest part a lot of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    What does it exist for and what sort of thing are you trying to do? Activities for younger students? Posters and awareness about careers etc? Just a social thing? Or a mix! If you don't know the best place to start would probably have a meeting all together and make a facebook group or similar where you organise stuff or whatever. Communication can be the hardest part a lot of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's mainly just to bring awareness and fun towards science in my school so you could say it's kind of a mixed.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan Abubacar)
    It's mainly just to bring awareness and fun towards science in my school so you could say it's kind of a mixed.
    That sounds good! Some stuff we did were things like the mentos and coke experiment- stuff that looks impressive, but isn't particularly hard/dangerous to do, there's loads online if you google it. We did one lunchtime a week but this was a bit much to organise, one a month would be fine. Basing it on events around that time is always good too, there's british science week in March too which is always good. We also had a noticeboard outside one of the labs at school which could be good so you have a place to put stuff, and upcoming events etc! Hopefully that gives you some ideas, you're welcome to PM me though if you want some more

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.