Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I heard back about the project management scheme on Friday. It was 4 weeks after I attended my assessment centre. I called the recruitment department a week before and asked how long it would take though and they let me know, so I'd advise doing that to stop you wondering!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So I should just phone them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherinec)
    Hi everyone,

I heard back about the project management scheme on Friday. It was 4 weeks after I attended my assessment centre. I called the recruitment department a week before and asked how long it would take though and they let me know, so I'd advise doing that to stop you wondering!

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for your info! were you offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    Yes give the recruitment hotline a call (0333 0062939) state the scheme you applied for and they'll let you know when they'll start telling people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelaMelaMela)
    Hey, thanks for your info! were you offered a place?
    I was over the moon! Good luck to everyone I hope you find out soon

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations hopefully we all get the jobs. Katherine how did u feel once u completed ur assesment centre or interview

ReputationRep:
    Did u feel like u were going to get the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy studentzzz)
    Did u feel like u were going to get the job

What did you apply for

ReputationRep:
    i applied for the London Underground apprenticeship which consist of fleet, civil, track renewal, lift and escalator maintenance.

ReputationRep:
    i applied for the London Underground apprenticeship which consist of fleet, civil, track renewal, lift and escalator maintenance.
    I had mine 2 weeks ago and had LU guys there too, they said towards the end of May at the latest. Probably give them a ring or send them an email if you want a time frame

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations hopefully we all get the jobs. Katherine how did u feel once u completed ur assesment centre or interview
    I wasn't sure really. The schemes are so competitive so I didn't want to get my hopes up. I just tried my best.

ReputationRep:
    I was over the moon! Good luck to everyone I hope you find out soon
    Congratulations I know I haven't made the cut and got the job... the bar was too high everyone was really really good.
    A bit nervous about calling them! Hahaha! Well done! Did you know how many people they were recruiting in your specific apprenticeship you applied for.
    Sorry a thousand questions I know!

ReputationRep:
    I was told by the recruitment team that they are offering only 100 placements this year and this is altogether and not for one sector only

ReputationRep:
    I was told by the recruitment team that they are offering only 100 placements this year and this is altogether and not for one sector only
    Wow that's not a lot at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelaMelaMela)
    Congratulations I know I haven't made the cut and got the job... the bar was too high everyone was really really good.
    A bit nervous about calling them! Hahaha! Well done! Did you know how many people they were recruiting in your specific apprenticeship you applied for.
    Sorry a thousand questions I know!
    It's ok! You never know, someone may look good but not perform so well in the interview. I did ask how many places they had but my interviewer said she didn't know yet as it depends how many people are suitable/ funding etc.

Also don't be nervous about calling. It'll just be a member of the recuriment team so they won't know anything about you specifically they'll just be able to give you some details about when they'll be telling everyone on your scheme. I don't think I even had to give my name!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's down from last year

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's down from last year
    When did you do your assessment centre? Congratulations btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envee)
    When did you do your assessment centre? Congratulations btw
    Start of April thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you done your pre screening and health checks

ReputationRep:
    Have you done your pre screening and health checks
    I'm not sure if I need health checks for my scheme. The lady on the phone just said I'd be receiving my contract in the upcoming months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.