Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a 26 year old in final year and, whilst I've never believed in having regrets, am beginning to regret being so lazy as a teen. I see my potential now as I am on track for a first and wish I had realised this many years ago.

I feel so old and cannot wait to finish uni
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 26 year old in final year and, whilst I've never believed in having regrets, am beginning to regret being so lazy as a teen. I see my potential now as I am on track for a first and wish I had realised this many years ago.

I feel so old and cannot wait to finish uni
    Firstly, well done on being on track to do really well.

Secondly, you're never too old, and if you feel regret then you can't change it, but just have to make the most of the situation going forward. One of my friends graduated aged 26 and is doing really well for herself
    • Very Important Poster

I cant take it seriously. Why not be positive instea of draging yourself down over something that doesnt matter in the scheme of things?

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Firstly, well done on being on track to do really well.

Secondly, you're never too old, and if you feel regret then you can't change it, but just have to make the most of the situation going forward. One of my friends graduated aged 26 and is doing really well for herself
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I cant take it seriously. Why not be positive instea of draging yourself down over something that doesnt matter in the scheme of things?
    Thanks guys for such positive words . I am really trying to be optimistic but I just look at everyone around me (younger than me) and think that should've been me. I screwed up so many years of my life. Obviously it's great that I managed to turn things around and that I've learnt from my mistakes but unfortunately I've let my age prevent me from doing things throughout my time at university and just feel I haven't been able to get the full experience.

You guys are right though. It's the final push and I need to be positive!!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys for such positive words . I am really trying to be optimistic but I just look at everyone around me (younger than me) and think that should've been me. I screwed up so many years of my life. Obviously it's great that I managed to turn things around and that I've learnt from my mistakes but unfortunately I've let my age prevent me from doing things throughout my time at university and just feel I haven't been able to get the full experience.

You guys are right though. It's the final push and I need to be positive!!
    You should get some perspective. The average age is 80.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well done for being on track for a first.

I won't complete my degree part time at the age of 29 if it makes you feel better.

Besides there are plenty of mature students and people start careers at different ages anyway, some at 23, some at 28.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.