The Student Room Group

Nursing Offers 2017/2018 entry

Has anyone got any offers for nursing this year? i applied to Coventry, Birmingham, Surrey, Southampton and Hertforshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kofoadesina
Has anyone got any offers for nursing this year? i applied to Coventry, Birmingham, Surrey, Southampton and Hertforshire

Not yet! I applied to Southampton and Portsmouth! I had my interviews a couple of weeks ago and I'm frantically refreshing my track multiple times a day!
Reply 2
Original post by Sazzle3291
Not yet! I applied to Southampton and Portsmouth! I had my interviews a couple of weeks ago and I'm frantically refreshing my track multiple times a day!

How was your Southampton interview I've got mine in 2 weeks? And I keep checking my emails and track too, I'm just so anxious 😩
I got 4 offers and firmed CCCU. Already got my quals so definitely going there :smile: good luck everyone.
Reply 4
Original post by MissDetermined
I got 4 offers and firmed CCCU. Already got my quals so definitely going there :smile: good luck everyone.

Congratulations, what branch of nursing are you going into?
Reply 6

Hopefully Child Nursing but with the way Birmingham has their nursing course set up I'm not too sure. But I want to do child Nursing
Reply 7
Hopefully Child Nursing but with the way Birmingham has their nursing course set up I'm not too sure. But I want to do child Nursing

Hey, I have an offer for coventry for child nursing and I have an interview for Birmingham city for child nursing at the end of feb.What do you mean by 'the way Birmingham has their nursing course set up' just out of curiosity?
I have offers from Nottingham and Derby and they were my top 2 from the beginning so i've cancelled my other interviews and selected Nottingham as my firm choice😁 Hoping to do adult nursing😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

@kofoadesina I applied for Adult Nursing for September 2017 Entry at Anglia Ruskin University (Unsuccessful) The University of Bedfordshire (Unsuccessful) The University of West London (Withdrawal) University of Essex (Unsuccessful) and London South Bank University (Unconditional offer) :smile:

It's been a hard couple of months but worth it when you get offered a place at your first choice. :tongue:
Hi, on a kind note, to those who don't hold any offers through choices or clearing, University of East London have an Adult Nursing Programme starting in January 2018 (for those who want to study in London that is) Applications are open and you will need to apply directly through their website. Good Luck to all you aspiring nurses out there!!! :smile:

Hope this helps! :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by hannolan
Hey, I have an offer for coventry for child nursing and I have an interview for Birmingham city for child nursing at the end of feb.What do you mean by 'the way Birmingham has their nursing course set up' just out of curiosity?

With Birmingham you don't choose the particular branch you want to be in until second year so you are able to experience all three branches. And it's not guaranteed that you'll get your first choice but you go there knowing that potentially you may not do your specific branch of nursing
Reply 12
Original post by nelfran29
@kofoadesina I applied for Adult Nursing for September 2017 Entry at Anglia Ruskin University (Unsuccessful) The University of Bedfordshire (Unsuccessful) The University of West London (Withdrawal) University of Essex (Unsuccessful) and London South Bank University (Unconditional offer) :smile:

It's been a hard couple of months but worth it when you get offered a place at your first choice. :tongue:

If you don't mind me asking, why did you withdraw your application from west London? And congratulations on your unconditional offer, wish you all the best
If you don't mind me asking, why did you withdraw your application from west London? And congratulations on your unconditional offer, wish you all the best

@kofoadesina I withdrew due to the distance, I can't live on campus due to family commitments and its about 3 hours from my house every day and a long train and bus journey, not to mention the placements, the placements are all over London and realistically I can't commit to that especially relying on public transport and 7am starts and night shifts. I relatively thought I made good choices but now I regret some, but nothing I can do now I guess apart from prepare for LSBU :smile: and thank you for congratulating me :h:

It has been a long and scary process and I finally got there!

I have requested feedback from my unsuccessful applications tho, it's nice to know where I went wrong so I can prepare better next time and also pass on my experience to others can only be a good thing. Several doors closed and one door opened and I'm happy!

Good Luck on your journey!
With Birmingham you don't choose the particular branch you want to be in until second year so you are able to experience all three branches. And it's not guaranteed that you'll get your first choice but you go there knowing that potentially you may not do your specific branch of nursing

Oh this is news to me! How did you hear this information? I went to open day, emailed and applied on UCAS for child branch specifically and nothing mentioned about that??
Original post by baaboo999
I have offers from Nottingham and Derby and they were my top 2 from the beginning so i've cancelled my other interviews and selected Nottingham as my firm choice😁 Hoping to do adult nursing😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

With me hoping to study Adult Nursing next Sept and also intending to apply to both Nottingham and Derby I just wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. Nottingham University is pretty much the dream and the University I am aiming to get to so I'd love to know how the whole application selection and interview process was for you.

Thanks,
Amy. :-)
Reply 16
Original post by hannolan
Oh this is news to me! How did you hear this information? I went to open day, emailed and applied on UCAS for child branch specifically and nothing mentioned about that??

I applied to the university of Birmingham and they only do 'nursing' as a whole. But ikno that Birmingham city do child Nursing separately. And if you go on to their website and you look at the course structure you'll see that at the end of year 1 you'll be able to state your preference.

Hope this helped a little bit :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by nelfran29
@kofoadesina I withdrew due to the distance, I can't live on campus due to family commitments and its about 3 hours from my house every day and a long train and bus journey, not to mention the placements, the placements are all over London and realistically I can't commit to that especially relying on public transport and 7am starts and night shifts. I relatively thought I made good choices but now I regret some, but nothing I can do now I guess apart from prepare for LSBU :smile: and thank you for congratulating me :h:

It has been a long and scary process and I finally got there!

I have requested feedback from my unsuccessful applications tho, it's nice to know where I went wrong so I can prepare better next time and also pass on my experience to others can only be a good thing. Several doors closed and one door opened and I'm happy!

Good Luck on your journey!

Arwww, well as long as your going to your dream uni, I wish you all the best and thank you 😊
Reply 18
I have got an unconditional offer for children's nursing at university of Suffolk. Can't wait!!!!

@MissDetermined Congratulations on your recent offers and your first choice, and good luck on your studies!!! :h: Thanks again for your support on here. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending