Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Old call of duties were the best, what's your favourite? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My favourite game of all time has to be world at war which i've been playing via backwards compatibility on xbox one and years before. The campaign is ****ing amazing. I really wish we could see some more old fashioned cods. What's your favourite Cod of all time?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackG9)
    My favourite game of all time has to be world at war which i've been playing via backwards compatibility on xbox one and years before. The campaign is ****ing amazing. I really wish we could see some more old fashioned cods. What's your favourite Cod of all time?
    I think CoD 4 was probably my favourite... I used to play it all the time on my laptop wherever I went, and at school we'd do LAN all the time

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna have to go with MW2, was the first CoD that I played and I have loved it so much more compared to every other CoD, just wish I could play it again via the Xbox one backwards compatibility Hopefully a remaster will come around soon
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenS1999)
    I'm gonna have to go with MW2, was the first CoD that I played and I have loved it so much more compared to every other CoD, just wish I could play it again via the Xbox one backwards compatibility Hopefully a remaster will come around soon
    Probably a close second to the first one for me... Though I can't say i enjoyed the third nearly a`s much!!

ReputationRep:
    MW2

ReputationRep:
    BO1

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops 2 was the pinnacle of CoD multiplayer, League Play was so good and it was just the right mix between modern and classic. Absolutely superb.

CoD 5 was great too, if you can get past the broken MP40 lmao

ReputationRep:
    COD4 still takes it for me, back when I was at school and we could play 18 player private games of Mike Myers.

ReputationRep:
    I think World at War was the pinnacle and COD4 had an epic campaign as well. After that it went downhill IMO.

ReputationRep:
    WAW was where it was at, zombies after school.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, WAW zombies was amazing. Bashed it for hours after school every day/

ReputationRep:
    Favourite CoD has to be Cod 4 Modern Warfare. Revolutionary for the series and impressed me highly with the story and multiplayer which was arguably the best offered at the time

ReputationRep:
    halo 3

ReputationRep:
    CoD2 - singleplayer
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    WAW. Was in top like 4,000 for search and destroy, spent 24 odd days on online multiplayer and that's ignoring zombies which i spent way more time on.
    Just time and place plus the game as i was like 15/16.

Sad looking back but loved it at the time.

Cod 4 was great too and so was MW2. Black ops was the start of the decline but could be my age talking

ReputationRep:
    Campaign - CoD 1, absolutely amazing new style of AI supporting you

Online - CoD 4, it revolutionized the online multiplayer genre tbh. Edit: although to be fair, MW2 is probably the better game and perfected MW1, and I spent way more time on it, so I shall change to MW2.

Although I would like to mention MoH Allied Assault as an even better campaign. While CoD 1 may have the whole paratrooper aspect of D-Day and the infamous battle for Saint Mere Eglise, MoH Allied Assault's actual D-Day Landing part is immense, especially when you had just been allowed to watch Saving Private Ryan. Not to mention infiltrating that sub base in Norway.

ps so sad to see so little love for the actual beginnings, I guess that is age showing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As somebody old enough to have played Medal Of Honour before the original COD games i'd say that COD 2 was the culmination. Like Battlefield i disliked that they moved forward in time afterward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    As somebody old enough to have played Medal Of Honour before the original COD games i'd say that COD 2 was the culmination. Like Battlefield i disliked that they moved forward in time afterward.
    I think COD2 was so good because it was the first game on the 360/PS3 generation of consoles. Plus it was a time when they prioritised a good single player campaign.

I can't stand all the futuristic crap these days.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I think COD2 was so good because it was the first game on the 360/PS3 generation of consoles. Plus it was a time when they prioritised a good single player campaign.

I can't stand all the futuristic crap these days.
    Consoles are and will always be substantially inferior to a well developed PC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Consoles are and will always be substantially inferior to a well developed PC.
    Yeah you're not wrong but console has come on a lot . Tbh though I'd only be seriously tempted to shell out and go back to PC if RTS made a decent comeback.

My dogshit laptop is more than adequate for Age of Empires 2 HD.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.