Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been constantly asking my friend to come out (We are both under 18so like just out chill or cinema etc) but the person always says I'll see and then never does?
    Although they have said they will come out when it is warmer but isn't the cinema warm? or the library to study? I feel like the more I try the more I get nowhere?
    We haven't been out for a month and a half now and it is just upsetting because they are always with their other half (partner) but they never seem to want to hang with me? Although they have been with their partner for a year and this only really started 9-10 months into their relationship?
    I don't go out with anyone my own age, I'm in 7 days a week and feel very depressed what do I do? Am i just over thinking? Does every teenager just stay in 24/7 in the winter?

ReputationRep:
    A true friend would take time out of their day to at least spend an hour with you. It sucks how when your friend gets into a relationship and completely forgets about you. If she was busy because of work and school stuff then that's understandable and because of that, she's not even spending time with her bf then ok but this isn't the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    A true friend would take time out of their day to at least spend an hour with you. It sucks how when your friend gets into a relationship and completely forgets about you. If she was busy because of work and school stuff then that's understandable and because of that, she's not even spending time with her bf then ok but this isn't the case
    She is a lovely girl really, she is studying which I understand but they are still with their partner all the time, but they say it is cause it is too cold and they will come out in summer :/
    I just don't want to lose my best friend
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Friends, Family and Work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentflaw)
    She is a lovely girl really, she is studying which I understand but they are still with their partner all the time, but they say it is cause it is too cold and they will come out in summer :/
    I just don't want to lose my best friend
    I would totally go and meet up with my friend even if it was too cold. They're clearly just making up excuses.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    The cold seems to be a strange excuse.

I wouldn't be too happy either. You're not asking too much here.

ReputationRep:
    lol it's the worst when you're completely abandoned for their partner; It's understandable why they want to spend time with their partner, but m8 if they're not gonna commit to seeing you at all then just tell them to do one and end the friendship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.